Half of Pacific Northwest not showing on fsx

Scott2222

What do you mean only half?  What you are seeing is what your LOD radius is allowing you to see.

Hmm.  Even MSE doesn't display everything, only what your currently set LOD radius allows you to see.  Or else, I don't understand your particular issue.  Anyway, it seems you've answered your own question.

Stew, his confusion was that with a MegaScenery Earth photoreal state installed, in Top Down view (like he is showing) it doesn't matter what LOD radius setting or zoom level is used.  The entire state borders will show up "clear" and it is easy to see that the entire state product was "installed" correctly.  I have all the U.S. western MSE states installed, and when I activate them in the Scenery Library I can go to Top Down view, zoom out to see the entire globe, and it is obvious which states are MSE and which areas are "something else".  LOD setting is not a factor in Top Down view when looking at photoreal scenery (although as you said, it still makes a difference in how much of the photoreal scenery will try to be loaded during the flying session).  In Top Down view, I can have my airplane in Florida, zoom out the Top Down view, and if the only MSE product I have installed is Las Vegas the city (which is large and includes Lake Mead to the east), it will still be very visible in the Top Down view, even though it is well out of range of my LOD from Florida.  

As he discovered, it doesn't work the same way with ORBX products(or other non-full photoreal products either), even though the entire ORBX area is installed correctly.  

7 hours ago, FalconAF said:

Stew, his confusion was that with a MegaScenery Earth photoreal state installed, in Top Down view (like he is showing) it doesn't matter what LOD radius setting or zoom level is used.  The entire state borders will show up "clear" and it is easy to see that the entire state product was "installed" correctly.  I have all the U.S. western MSE states installed, and when I activate them in the Scenery Library I can go to Top Down view, zoom out to see the entire globe, and it is obvious which states are MSE and which areas are "something else".  LOD setting is not a factor in Top Down view when looking at photoreal scenery (although as you said, it still makes a difference in how much of the photoreal scenery will try to be loaded during the flying session).  In Top Down view, I can have my airplane in Florida, zoom out the Top Down view, and if the only MSE product I have installed is Las Vegas the city (which is large and includes Lake Mead to the east), it will still be very visible in the Top Down view, even though it is well out of range of my LOD from Florida.  

As he discovered, it doesn't work the same way with ORBX products(or other non-full photoreal products either), even though the entire ORBX area is installed correctly.  

Thanks for that reminder, Falcon.  Yes, I recall the same experience using top-down view with MSE.  I no longer use my collection of MSE scenery, although they're still on a 500GB HD in my closet.  Just not my cup of tea anymore photoscenery.

Archived