Full reinstall of P3D and Orbx products: Should I run P3D after each installation?

MattH2580

Hi all,

Doing the move from P3Dv2 to P3Dv3, and with that I'm reinstalling all of my core Orbx addons (I'll do the rest with Orbx Direct when it comes out) along with some of the major airports. For me this means:

- Global Base, Vector and openLC.

- Most regions

- Airports such as ESSA, KPSP, YMML etc

- Trees HD

My question is this: After installing each Orbx product, do I have to launch P3D and let it configure stuff (sorry for the lack of technical language, but I'm not too sure with what goes on behind the scenes after installing P3D addons), or can I just install one Orbx product after the other without opening P3D to save a lot of time? Also, do I have to open FTX central v2 every time I install an Orbx addon as well?

Suffice to say, Orbx Direct will be absolutely awesome as it will make big jobs like this a whole lot easier! :)

- Matt

On second thought Nick, I have another question regarding the installation of libraries.

So far I've installed Global, Vector and openLC EU. What I've noticed is that currently my FTX Central V2 is operating using separate regions, rather than one whole region after the big scenery merge. What kind of implications does this have for new addons such as openLC NA and LDDU Dubrovnik, which were released after the merge? All of the addon installers say I require the latest Orbx libraries, and yet the installation guide here:

says to install the Orbx libraries last, and you also confirm this.

Could you clear this up for me?

All the installers have to say that, in case they are the only product to be installed.

If you stick to my advice and just ignore FTX central and any other error messages,

when you install the libraries last, the latest FTX Central version will be installed with it.

Then, when you run it, it should carry out the migration on the files that need it and

leave the others alone.

If it does not, you will find a "Force Migration" command and you can make it do the migration.

Archived