Object Flow not working in Downtown Nanaimo

samiam711

According to the manual "If you do not see Downtown Nanaimo, your ObjectFlow is not working. Consult the support forum and search for ObjectFlow problems."  I searched and couldn't find the answer on why the ObjectFlow isn't working or how to reinstall the ObjectFlow or turn it "on" .  I am guessing that if it isn't working for the Nanaimo aerodrome, it isn't working elsewhere.  Without it working, I am hesitant to purchase any other airports.  Another related issue is when I launch FTX Central 2, it shows the airport listed, but clicking on it doesn't do anything and I am wondering if that is how your supposed to "activate" or turn on the airport.  Also, clicking on the Acrobat manual doesn't do anything.  If I open the adobe reader first, it will load the manual in that iteration, but will not launch the reader independently.  I had used the demo of PNW and I did uninstall it with the ORBX routine provided for that task.

Should I completely uninstall ALL ORBX packages and start from scratch?  The only other addons I have are Abacus products like Flight Deck 6 which loads a program called 3 wire for carrier ops.

Could there have been a permissions problem when loading the ORBX PNW package that didn't allow everything to load correctly?  Could Norton have interfered with the installation?

Signature didn't include Order Number: FSS0522198

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. This is a problem we should be able to solve without you having to reinstall anything.

I’m far from an expert with regard to ObjectFlow, but I’ll mention a few things to get started.  The Moderators are here to help out too.  

FTX Pacific Northwest does not use ObjectFlow so you would not notice it missing, but a large number of  other Orbx offerings do use it.

Let’s try the simple things first and if that does not work we can go from there.  Sometimes the sim is not properly informed about ObjectFlow.  That is, the sim’s dll.xml file does not list the ObjectFlow module.  So try this:

Go to [your main sim folder]\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and run ModuleInstaller.exe  See if that solves the problem. Let us know if it works.

50 minutes ago, samiam711 said:

I ran the Moduleinstaller.exe which said it ran successfully, but there was no change in the scenery.  If you look at the documentation for the Nanimo Areodome opening page, I am expecting the buildings to look like that, but they do not.  There are no large building near the dock.  Just doesn't look correct.  Also, a windsock at the land based Nanaimo airport is not working right.  My understanding is that is another symptom of the issue...

Hi Sam,

At this point it will be useful to know about your setup; which sim(s) , which version, a list of the currently installed Orbx products, etc. In particular, if you are using P3D v3 and have just updated to v3.4, you will have to run FTX C so that the ObjectFlow module is updated to be compatible. A screen shot of what you are seeing will be most helpful too.

Here is a photo of the Aerodome as I see it in FSX. Latest version with accelerator.  ORBX PNW and all the freeware is installed.  Windows 10 Home edition.  All on an Alienware m17x platform with i7 quad processor, AMD Radeo with 4 or 8 GB of video memory.  16 GB or Ram.  All running on an 256 GB SSD drive.

Areodome_zpsbarwijqi.jpg

Hi Sam,

A picture is worth a thousand words: a portion of  the Area B model which is controlled by ObjectFlow shows in your screen shot. The dock and a little of the Seair Terminal are visible. A large number of trees are sitting on top of the model. First thing is to check your scenery order, making sure that Nanaimo is above PNW, that's it's the top layer of the cake in that area. Might help to refresh your shader cashe too. Can't hurt.

In short, it looks like your ObjectFlow is working; there is another issue, but my brain has gone to bed now that it's getting dark.

Thanks for the info Larry.  Maybe pick this up tomorrow?  I don't know how to check the "layers" of the cake, though I do understand what that means.  Since I installed ORBX PNW before Nanaimo, wouldn't the order be right?  So how do I check it and how do I move it if need be?  Also, how do I refresh my shader cashe?  Also, there is still the problem with Acrobat reader not self launching when selecting the manuals.

Having said all that, I am glad the ObjectFlow is working and thank you for your help so far.  Also, it looks as if we are neighbors!  Hope to hear back soon...  :-)  Sam

Hi Sam,

Looks like my brain went to sleep even before last evenings note! A couple more screen shots would confirm this but from the one you posted, but on closer examination, I don't see anything wrong. You are seeing 'Area B' to the north of Area A located near downtown Nanaimo. In your screenshot you will notice the Seair Terminal, the boats, the static aircraft, the pub on the waterfront, the sheds beyond the Seair Terminal, etc. The User Guide has some info about the Area A vs Area B, as designated by the Nanaimo Harbour Authority.

Move south along the narrow channel and you should see something that looks like many of the screenshots in the User Guide and like of the screenshots users have kindly posted.

Nick Cooper...Thank you for the fix on the Acrobat Reader not launching when selecting a manual off the FTX Central 2.  I have made the change and it works completely!

Larry_R....I will scoot South and see if I can "view" the screenshots from the manual.  When I didn't see what the manual showed as the terminal, I was sure something was wrong.  Let me check it out and get back to you.  And thanks as well for all your assistance so far.

Archived