Standard program for AFD files

DeeJay

Hi together,

recently I've wondered which programme I should use best to create or edit AFD files. In FS2004 there was AFCAD, in FSX there was ADX. But what's there for P3D?? I Thought you could use ADX there as well, but it never seemed to work properly, first because I simply couldn't find a bgl converter that really worked. It always showed errors while converting. Then, anything was missing all the time - I mean those files that are required as a "link" between ADX and the Sim to make it work properly.

I have Prepar3D v3.2 now running under Windows 10. Could you please give me an advice which programme is suitable for AI traffic to run properly (and which additional files)? What do you use for that? I'm also willing to go payware if it is worth the quality of the programme.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards, Dominik

Thanks a lot. I've just installed it. However I've got one problem again, that I had in several simulators in a similar way: The folder structure of the SDK is not what it should be. For example, ADE is searching for

- the path of the Sim => OK

- the path of the Shp2Vec Compiler: Here, the path ".../sdk/Environment Kit/Terrain SDK" simply doen't exist!

- the path of the bgl compiler: The folder structure looks different, but at least a folder "BGL compiler" seems to exist.

x3kpg7ul.jpg

The screenshot shows the actual folder structure compared to what it should be. Does anyone see what's wrong? I can't do much more than installing the P3D SDK. And that's what I did. :(:wacko:

10 minutes ago, DeeJay said:

Thanks a lot. I've just installed it. However I've got one problem again, that I had in several simulators in a similar way: The folder structure of the SDK is not what it should be. For example, ADE is searching for

- the path of the Sim => OK

- the path of the Shp2Vec Compiler: Here, the path ".../sdk/Environment Kit/Terrain SDK" simply doen't exist!

- the path of the bgl compiler: The folder structure looks different, but at least a folder "BGL compiler" seems to exist.

x3kpg7ul.jpg

The screenshot shows the actual folder structure compared to what it should be. Does anyone see what's wrong? I can't do much more than installing the P3D SDK. And that's what I did. :(:wacko:

I am not sure I understand your problem so I am sorry if I state something already known.

If you have installed the P3D SDK which is a separate download :

shp2vec is in ...:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.3.5.17625\Environment SDK

and

bglcomp is in ...:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.3.5.17625\Environment SDK\BGL Compiler SDK

To direct ADE to the files you've to go to Settings/Options/Folders in the ADE menu.

9 minutes ago, dominique said:

bglcomp is in ...:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.3.5.17625\Environment SDK\BGL Compiler SDK

To direct ADE to the files you've to go to Settings/Options/Folders in the ADE menu.

Thanks. I know. That's what I tried. And this one is exactly where it should be.

9 minutes ago, dominique said:

shp2vec is in ...:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 SDK 3.3.5.17625\Environment SDK

shp2vec is not there, there is neither a folder nor a file called like that. I have installed the SDK as a separate download before, but shp2vec is simply not there. No idea, why.

26 minutes ago, DeeJay said:

shp2vec is not there, there is neither a folder nor a file called like that. I have installed the SDK as a separate download before, but shp2vec is simply not there. No idea, why.

It is in the root of the Environment SDK folder which you necessarily have because  you say you have  the BGL Compiler SDK which is a subfolder on Environment SDK. EDIT : as shown in Nick's image

Archived