Los Angeles [SCA - flashing smoke effect]

shane2801

Hi guys

I have fixed a problem that I was having thanks to some advice on here with regards to the flashing tanks near LAX. While I have remedied this issue by amending BGL file to .OFF in the ORBX folder I now have flashing smoke that is emitting from the smoke towers near the airport. Any ideas as to how to fix this??

Also on another note, is there a way to get my waves on my coastline moving? You can see the whitewash but it is frozen.

Thanks

• Tim Harris changed the title to Los Angeles [SCA - flashing smoke effect]

Hi guys,

shane2801, most of the coastline along the SCA coast is made of photoreal sections and thus static. Some of the rocky coast areas have the moving-surf effect though the customer base appears pretty split on whether those effects look realistic or "fake", which is why we use it sparingly.

Not sure what to make of the "flashing effects". Are we talking flashing with a regular pulse or disappearing occasionally and turning back on? Visual effects are very low on the totem pole in terms of priority for the display engine meaning they tend to drop out when the CPU/GPU is busy processing other scenery or aircraft components, especially when one is quickly changing view direction. However, if the flashing is regular even with a steady view then maybe something else is going on; I vaguely remember reports that people had effects turning on and off with the same frequency as AI aircraft's strobe lights though I haven't heard about that in quite a while.

Cheers, Holger  

Archived