CEF4 Uninstall?

Griphos

I have installed the P3Dv3 version of CEF4.  I had the problem noted in this thread: 

Disabling the suggested files fixed that problem, but the performance of this airport is terrible.  I don't remember it being this bad in FSX, although it was a bit demanding, I recall.  I have a good computer and can fly almost all my many, many Orbx sceneries at my FPS lock of 32 with no trouble.  I can fly over LA in the SCA region in the high 20s.  But CEF4 is a bit of a slide show.  When I check, both around the airport and looking at or near Calgary, FPS is in the teens.  And, of course, there's really not much of anything in this area.  It's pretty empty.

Is there something else I can disable to improve performance?  If not, how do I uninstall this particular airport?  I know it adds things to Calgary as well as the airport itself.  

I would appreciate some help on this.  I'm not sure the steps in the sticky thread on uninstalling airports still apply since we have the new FTXCentral and unified lookup.  I tried manually removing the relevant folder and two script files, after deleting the airport scenery from my scenery library first (from within the sim).  But it still shows up in FTX Central.  Is it safe to run the FTXconfigurator.exe in the scripts folder?  Will that remove the airport from FTX Central?  

8 hours ago, Doogles said:

I just went into the CEF4 Control Panel and turned everything off, and it works fine now for me....I like the additional landmarks that it adds to the CYYC Calgary area, so I prefer to keep it installed....  

I did the same but I also went into the bgls and put .off on most of the files. CEF4 never did work properly for me but some of the land marks in YYC were keepers. 

CEF4 is the worst purchase I ever made from ORBX,

10 hours ago, DesertPilot said:

Try removing the following file:  <Your FSX or P3D directory>\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_NA_CEF4.TXT

That did the trick.  Not listed in FTX Central any more.  Thanks.

I wish it didn't have these performance problems.  It's an interesting airport.  The frustrating part is that I held off on buying this airport for a long time.  Then bought it, switched to P3D within a week or so after buying, and noticed that it didn't work with P3D.  Waited until recently to be able to use it in that sim, but once I did, found terrible performance.  Oh well...should have just skipped it in the first place, I guess.  

Archived