LDDU ILS approach issues

tim737murphy

I recently flew the runway 12 ILS approach for LDDU in my Aerosoft  Airbus 320 and then later with my PMDG 737. Each time soon after capturing glidescope the ils would stop capturing and I would have to do a manual approach. My speeds were spot on. Not a big problem since I dissconnect AP for most approaches but on new airfields I like to see that everything is working. Anyone having this issue?

Hello Tim,

While I don't have this Orbx airfield/scenery to test the ILS/glideslope, I was wondering if it was a one-off experience, did you have this problem on subsequent approaches. The reason I ask is that sometimes a large AI aircraft at a hold point on the ground can block the signal from the Glideslope antenna, and/or the Localizer antenna, particularly when they are in direct line with your approach the signal is then lost.

Usually these critical areas where line of sight interference would occur, a protected area from crossing aircraft, by setting a Holdshort well back from the Localizer and Glideslope antenas direct line. Crossing aircraft on the ground are then directed by ATC when it is safe to proceed.

Interesting issue, and one that has been mentioned about another airfield previously (can't remember which one though) But I await what the airport Developer might be able to tell from your description.

Here is an article I found about a similar RealWorld incident, but I suppose it would be similarly replicated in sim. http://flightdotcom.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/ils-signal-interference.html

Archived