Problems during installation

Franz007

Hi

I just purchased "ORBX FTX: Global BASE". I downloaded it and extracted all files to a temporary folder. I then ran the intaller in the Admin-mode. After a few minutes saying "unwrapping..." the Setup-programm started. I agreed to the terms of agreement and clicked "NEXT".

Then the problem appeared: unter "Select which version you wish to install" there were nothing i could choose from. So i could not select my P3D folder.

I need some support.

Thanks very much and cheers

F.R.

01-09-2016 20-45-45.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The FTX installers detect the simulators by reading the Windows Registry.

In your case, there seems to be no registry entry for any simulator.

You might try using the FTX Registry Fix tool which you will find at the foot

of the support page.

You should be able to create a registry entry for your version of P3D that the

installer will recognise.

If you know how to use regedit, I suggest you search your registry for "P3D". if you find nothing, evidently your installation was faulty. If you do find listings, post screen shots here for the techies to analyze and suggest remedies. btw, does P3D actually show up in your list of installed programs? 

One last resort, of course, is to completely uninstall and then reinstall. btw, do NOT install in the default Microsoft location. Create a unique folder, i.e c:\P3D.

Sherm

9 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

I will try thanks. Comes the problem perhaps from having installed P3D on the G:\-driver (instead of the C:\)? That's my SSD drive...

No, the drive does not matter as long as it is out of the dedicated default location where MS will want to install the program. Simply choose any other location, any drive.

Sherm

OK. I now deinstalled P3D completely. It looks like my Antivirus ruined the first installation, since a warning from the Antivirus poped up saying "dangerous file...deleted" (during the installation of P3D). Anyway i could start and play P3D without any problems with the first version of P3D....

So now i deactivated the Antivirus and tried it again. And it could install P3D without any warning and the ORBX-installer could recognize P3D as the simulator. So it looks good for now, let's see if it will work. The installation of ORBX is running right now...

OK, installation seem to have worked. I then have run the "FTX Central" tool as mentionned in the manual. I choosed FTX Global and "Apply Group".

Then i started P3D. But sadly i dont see any difference...the landscapes look like default. Do i have to activate one more thing? I'm a newbie with P3D.

My scenery menu looks like that:

02-09-2016 17-49-59.jpg

Archived