EU ENgland Update FTXEUENG150

SimPilotTrev

Please could someone advise why I might be having a problem in extracting the folders within FTXEUENG150 - I have downloaded the zipped folder (to my networked slave PC) from the Support Page and have tried to use Windows 10 'Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders' but I am getting the message 'The Compressed (Zipped) folder is empty'.  yet I see is contains 48,102KB.  I am sure that with all my previous downloads from Full Terrain I have simply used the Windows 10 extraction tool.  Thank you.

Just as a test, you could download the free 7-zip. It's tiny and safe. That will at least tell you whether the archive itself is OK - and that it's maybe a problem with the Win10 extraction tool. Your filesize doesn't look right. I have: 452 MB or 463,352Kb.

Adam.

A couple of days ago, I too downloaded the update for England and saved it to an external networked drive.  After download, I used Winrar and it decompressed quickly and cleanly.  Install was a snap.

You may also want to consider what you used to download the file.  Ever since people started reporting major issues downloading anything ORBX via their browser, I took the suggestion of using a 3rd party downloader and I now I no longer have any issues, so it is possible the compressed zip my be corrupted due to a bad download.

Just now, Adam Banks said:

I use IDM on my main work machine. Couldn't afford the 2nd licence for my FS machine, so gave "Flashget" a whirl. Surprisingly good!!

Adm.

Yep, I use Flashget as well.  I never have a problem with it and it gets the files pretty fast.

Hi All

Firstly, many thanks to Adam for the welcome.

I have now successfully downloaded the FTXEUENG150 update and installed it.  Initially I re-tried using the Google button instead of MyFTX to download via IE and that seemed to be successful (correct file size) but after unzipping and starting the installation  process I was asked to insert a disc, which of course I don't have.

I therefore used Flashget as my download tool and the MYFTX button and that worked well.

Thank you for helping me with this, the night lighting looks great.

Kind regards

Trevor

Original Order No: FSS0433304

Archived