Logging In to ORBX forum

spud

As usual I can't seem to find any previous posts that relate to this subject.  (Never have been a very good "serarcher") I did some disk maintenance today, (defrag etc.) and now every time I access the forums it makes me log in even though I do not log out.  Been doing it that way since 2006 and never had a problem.

I access the forums several times each day (retired) and having to re-log every time in is sort of a PITA.

Has there been a change in protocol and the forums automatically log you out each time now?  If so is there a way to reverse that?

Hmmm,

after saving the above post I clicked on "Home" to return to the forums and was again required to log in.  Something ain't working correctly.

Of course is could be the ridiculous WIN10 updates at work too.

EDIT:

just did it again.  Every time I click on "Home" I get logged out of the forums!!!!

This problem has been reported several times sine a couple months ago. But not addressed yet.

It is not a windows problem.

One workaround is: once you login  just leave the Home page alone and open new tabs for other forum subpages.

Mallard,

your suggestion worked magic for me.  I pressed "F5" to refresh and after that the site now remembers that I'm already logged in!!!

I'm not sure at this time if it still remembers after I access another site or not but will test it.

EDIT:

Hooray! that fixed the login problem I was having.  Thanks again Mallard.

Glad it worked for You, but Pressing F5 o Ctrl+F5 does not work for me.

(It seems to be a server side problem in Session State or Cookie, not on the client side)

Once it decides to log me out I have to Login again, sometimes twice as it take me to a second logging screen.

So the problem persists, at least for me.

Archived