Elevations and ORBX use of Global 2010 Mesh

Due to my frustrations of elevation issues with the combo of Vector & Ultimate mesh I would like to know if these issues would be eradicated if I converted to Global 2010. ORBX base their addons with the use of 2010 and therefore I am assuming that if this is the case then elevation errors with the use of the Vector AEC where required would remove all errors. Am I correct?

Those of you who have the Vector & 2010 combo appear to hardly ever report elevation issues and seem to confirm that AEC use corrects them.

Hi jjaycee1

Can confirm your thoughts

My experience is that

Palm Springs KPSP (Orbx) requires AEC adjustment

Herons Nest OOME  (iBlue Yonder) smoother without FS 2010 Global Mesh

No problems elsewhere-I have most Orbx stuff except Australia plus many addons

xxd09

Thanks for your reply. I must add that my problems are 99.9% relevant to non FTX regions/airports but in the Global world which include the 2 OLC addons I have.

I look forward to some input from 2010 users who also fly in the Global areas of the world, especially for example Colorado. KDEN was a mess, either plateaus or sinkholes until i bought FlightBeams version which rectified all the problems, but this is an expensive way of solving elevation issues which should be done by Vector AEC. I am beginning to think that Ultimate is not truly compatible with Vector but that 2010 is. I hope I have not wasted Euros 120. AEC works for some airports but not for others and that is what gets me frustrated. It should work for all if it is a "complete" product and that applies to the use of Ultimate as well as 2010.

Hello JJaycee1,

I have had FS Global 2010 and Vector from the beginning and, touch wood, I hardly ever had any elevation problems, certainly none since Vector 1.3. I run the AEC after installing any scenery just to be sure to be sure. I fly in Australia (Vector disabled), PNG, England, central Europe, North America. I think the latest version of Vector is finally good, the Pilots FS Global mesh also seems to work for me. I also have Holger's mesh in Australia and PNG, as far as I know, on top of Pilots.

Cheers,

Les

Thanks guys.

@Richard Bui I do use the AFM where possible but am unsure where the relevant bgl for the airport should go. I currently put it in the Local Meshes folder. Also please note that Ultimate clearly specifies that the AFM is not for use with Vector. This is a point I have raised in my dealings with Richard Lincoln.

@hwh85 Thanks for your input. The relevance in your reply is most pertinent to your flights in NA ( I assume you are not talking about a FTX Region in which I don't have problems, but outside of a Region in for example NA OLC. I also assume you talk about your experience in central Europe being EU OLC?

Archived