R00203 - Niihau Island, Hawaii

Vector is generating a bunch of little islets (supposed to be reefs?) off the north and west shores of Niihau Island, Hawaii.

They aren't there in real life.

There are just a couple rocks/exposed reef between Niihau's north shore and Lehua Rock (the tiny crescent shaped island).

On the western side of the island, there are only a few small bits of reef, just enough to make the waves break, and they are all very close to shore.

The acre size islets in the screenshots do not exist.

NiihauVectorgeneratedislets.jpg

NiihauLehuaVectorislets.jpg

You can see in this photo (over Lehua, looking south at Niihau), there are only a few small rocks off the north shore that actually break the surface, most just cause the waves to break.

You can also see down the west cost (right side of photo) and there are no islets offshore.  There are only a few bits of reef, just yards offshore at the points, that cause waves to break.

Google Earth/Maps will show the same details.  I flew Sea Kings at PMRF for three years and flew around the island many times.Lehua.jpg

1 hour ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi Matt,

I had a geezer last night and yes I am seeing the same, Thank You for reporting and bringing this to our attention.:)

You are welcome.

Thank you for continuing to try to improve the accuracy of Vector. :)

Archived