Is this how SCA is suppose to look?

Airforce806

Hi Neil,

Thank you for getting back to me.  The areas in particular that I am referring too is the terrain images located in the brown open area in the center of the first photograph.  I see these kinds texture anomalies throughout this region.  Any ideas?

Hi again,

Based on your LAT/LON here is a comparison shot, Live Earth on left, SCA on right.  It looks pretty close to me.  Only in the spring is there much green in SCA (except lawns and golf courses!!).

Disclaimer:  I, with a bunch of help from Holger, did all the LC work for SCA.

Cheers, Neil

SCA compare 1.jpg

It appears the golf courses and neighborhoods are cut off in the Socal version in the picture above. I have several areas I notice neighborhoods and golf courses in areas in the shape of squares. I just wanted to be sure my install was correct although the migration said successful. 

Was your Comparison shot Neil from your simulator or my post?  I would be interested to see if other users see the same textures.

Edit: Disabling Vector from the scenery library in the simulator crashed my sim.  Upon restart, I reloaded and it still there.

vector off.jpg

Cut off textures are inherent in FSX and Prepar3D as a byproduct of how textures are placed, these areas are drawn as a many sided polygon which is filled with a tiled texture. So when a texture reaches the edge of the polygon, it is 'cut' in a way that almost always does not perfectly align with the edge of the tiled texture. 

If you rotate Neil's comparison image about 90 degrees, it will match up with the original screenshot and show the same. 

Alex, I appreciate the info.  I have been having OOM in Socal with Open LC and GLobal and the FTX Socal on my system when is quote fast.  upon seeing these anomolies I thought perhaps my install was poor.  I am having errors on Prepar3d located in this thread.  I don't want to duplicate the thread but this helps me understand how the textures are laid out.

Archived