Hawaiian Town has Disappeared

A town in Hawaii on the small island west of Barking Sands has been left out of Open LC North America. It was on the default FSX and I flew out to it often, even landed on the beach or one of the few open fields around it. but last week after installing open LC NA and all of its updates, the town, fields, and most of the beaches are gone, replaced with grass texture and trees.

Order #:  FSS0511482

Hi James,

Could you take a picture of the location where you had a town / village in your FSX default as it is now with OLC_NA. I have Default for the area and still see a village, though I do not have OLC NA to crosscheck, maybe a picture will help Orbx staff to diagnose. Perhaps the village was overlooked in NA_OLC or you may have a LC problem, but we can't know what the problem is until we see a picture.
The Co-ordinates should be roughly around Lat N21o 53.88'  Lon W160o 11.93'  MAG 313   
Take a Top down / Outside View / zoom factor between 48-64. Make sure you use Shift+Z keys to display co-ordinates, upload the picture here.

Below is a picture in my FSX sim with FTXGlobal + default FSX scenery, I imagine this is how the village and surrounding terrain looked for you before OLC_NA.

6b2cc99379cf8a14d2d227295503babb.jpg

I'll post some pics soon - but I have the same problem in P3Dv3. With OLC NA deactivated, I see the village - photoreal plus autogen (as above). When I re-activate OLC, I get a pretty barren landscape - and no village or housing autogen.

Adam.

The "town" is the village of Puuwai, on the island of Niihau.

A look on Google Earth/Maps or Bing will show you how small the village is.  No paved roads, just a small collection of houses and a church.  Not nearly as dense and organized as in the screenshot.

Puuwai is the only village on the island and there are virtually no other structures on the island.

The U.S. Navy has a small building and helicopter pad on Paniau Ridge (N 21 56' 44.97'' W 160 04' 55.64") for PMRF range operations.

The pad was just rusty Marsden matting/pierced steel plank (PSP) when I was flying there, but it looks like there is a concrete pad set in the middle now.

Fun to fly to since it is on the edge of a 1,200 ft cliff. :)

There is also another PSP pad at N 21 57' 20.81" W 160 05'01.30" and some more PMRF stuff.  I can't remember exactly what the structures are, but they are small, like a conex container, shed and fuel tank maybe?  I can't recall what the other stuff visible 50 yards to the east is.

Archived