Bad Tiles Over Pennsylvania

Typically, I wouldn't call that sort of thing into question, but it doesn't seem to fit with the way ORBX's OpenLC generates the scenery.  Those tiles look out of place.  Coincidentally, I too checked the coordinates against Google Maps and found that this area, in reality is very different than what exists in the sim.

Nick,  I reran the migration, and after a while, everything was done.  I ran the migration troubleshooter, which showed that my OpenLC Europe, FTX Global, Norway and Australia all migrated correctly but, OpenLC NA was not in the list, despite it being installed.  Is this the way it should be?

All of my scenery is ORBX, no photo scenery or other 3rd party scenery, with the exception of airports.  It makes sense that NA woulld already be ready, so I guess the migration is good but if you and I are seeing two different things in that coordinate area, then something is amiss.

I went there in my sim and it looks the same as both of yours. The green tile near the center of Jim's screenshot is the Penn State Golf Course and the smaller vegetation rectangle in the lower left of the screenshot appears to be the Penn State Arboretum. 

Ok, that seems legit, although my skills of converting Lat and Long in Google Maps may have caused more confusion.  I see where you are talking and I agree they are represented in P3D, just not the greatest.  I sure would love to know the nuts and bolts of how LC is designed and laid out because comparing the real life area to what P3D generates, it's a bit rough. :(

EDIT:

Just a thought, could it be that since I deactivated some of what Vector is supposed to display, causes the tiles to shift or display differently? I don't have secondary and tertiary roads being displayed, due to the performance decrease.

There may be some small improvements OrbX team could make to that area to more closely match satellite imagery, but it's not *that* far off. To get a more exact, precisely hand-crafted scenery you would have to wait for a "full fat" region from them. Otherwise, we have to rely on a more broad strokes-approach to cover the very large area of OpenLC NA. Generally speaking though, things right now are already about as good as a landclass + autogen scenery can get.

Archived