Weird scenery

The Angry Arab

@ Kim René Mossige

Australia isn't complete without all those wonderful OZx sceneries.
Go there, take your time (you need it) download all the offered sceneries (and there are many!) , read the installation instructions carefully and install the software.
You will be more than happy with the result.

This is how I see Murrin Murrin with OZx scenery

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GJZt

Hi Kim Rene Mossige,

I see that Dieter has already posted similarly with info about OZx AU Complete, in particular YMMI.

I do not use P3D so am unable to directly compare, but I do have a very nice YMMI Murrin Murrin in my FSX setup.

Looking at your picture it does appear that your Orbx textures are there. I cannot tell from your OP wether you have FTX AustraliaSP4 or just FTXGlobal / Vector in operation.  The picture perspective does look odd in respect the transparent aircraft (Don't know what is going on there).  Murrin Murrin (YMMI) however is covered by OZx AU Complete, along with about 400 other small airfields scattered across Australia, they include custom PR locally for blending with Orbx.

Below are some pictures with FSX - Australia SP4 & OZx AU complete.

b3c3e365bed0435c6b859c7e8d5674cf.jpg

94e088cac384d60b5677d1a6559bd72a.jpg

14382604cc2498230ceb84debddf7c6d.jpg

24bfcf1b6bf3e3cb073db287b4804f3f.jpg

Thanks guys! That's what I wanted to know, if it was indeed supposed to look like that, and to know that my FTX global is working as intended. 

OZx addon scenery doesn't tempt me much judging by the pics, so I won't be flying over here very much I think... I much more prefer Alps or Swizz sceneries :D or norway

Hi Kim Rene Mossige,

That's quite alright, but please don't abandon Australia as a Sim destination. I know the Alps are impressive and some flyers prefer cold mountain flying with all the greenery, snow cap mountains and whatnot, but you never know...... the flat red dirt of the Aussie outback you may grow to love, there are so many great little strips to VFR into, even better with OZxAU. 

Out of interest, What in particular from the pictures fails to impress/tempt your Aussie flying.

1 hour ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Kim Rene Mossige,

That's quite alright, but please don't abandon Australia as a Sim destination. I know the Alps are impressive and some flyers prefer cold mountain flying with all the greenery, snow cap mountains and whatnot, but you never know...... the flat red dirt of the Aussie outback you may grow to love, there are so many great little strips to VFR into, even better with OZxAU. 

Out of interest, What in particular from the pictures fails to impress/tempt your Aussie flying.

Hmm.. I'm in love with big mountains, rivers and pine trees. I like complex sceneries with elevation. Flat landscapes are somewhat very off putting for me, unless it had wildlife in it that I could spot from the plane.. I need something to catch my eye :) Also I'm flying in Oculus Rift, so mountains and mesh sceneries makes for real good depth

Thanks Kim Rene Mossige,

Understood! I can relate to that, the world is a big place comparatively. I began my Orbx journey back in 2010 with Region Australia and then PNW and others, and believed the untouched global areas without Orbx enhancement were not worth visiting. But I feel now the whole world is open for exploration ever since FTXGlobal texturing and applied autogen. Even in my FSX setup with a few FTX Regions & Only FTXGlobal without Vector or OLC, I feel that destinations around the globe have the presence of an FTX Region.

Given that I'm a native Aussie I tend to fly mostly in my own familiar surroundings "Australia", and also into US West coast Regions where the mountain scenery in the US Columbia / Canada / Alaska area were always interesting because of Holger Sandman's (FS9) FS2004 creations.  But for Global flying Orbx has made these areas so much more alive and interesting to fly. 

Archived