LOD Radius

RL1881

Hello all,

I've had ftx global base for 6 months now, and after a reinstall of Windows I've started to notice buildings and trees coming out of the ground if I zoom in...obviously this is my LOD Radius which I have checked in my config, and is set by default at 6.5 miles.  I was wondering if all of this is normal and if I was to increase my LOD Radius, would there be a loss of fps etc.

Thank you

The picture uploaded upside down.

image.jpeg

Not sure what to say here yet.  Default LOD Radius is 4.5.

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

You can increase this to 6.5 but it's not advisable.  Best to try increments of 0.5, so try 5.0, 5.5 for instance.

Has a big impact on VAS which can then lead to OOMs.

I'm not sure what you are getting at with things coming out of the ground by zooming in.

Nick,

It also happens with trees aswell which I am guessing is normal..I was away and not able to access my pc.  My LOD radius in my config (P3D V3) is set to 6.5 miles and I haven't changed it?

Fltsimguy..it is just buildings and trees being loaded by coming out of the ground at my LOD Radius and I was just wondering if this was normal or not?

Many Thanks 

2 hours ago, RL1881 said:

Nick,

It also happens with trees aswell which I am guessing is normal..I was away and not able to access my pc.  My LOD radius in my config (P3D V3) is set to 6.5 miles and I haven't changed it?

Fltsimguy..it is just buildings and trees being loaded by coming out of the ground at my LOD Radius and I was just wondering if this was normal or not?

Many Thanks 

Once again I was thinking something different.  But I will say this -  when in the FSX forum I am thinking FSX not P3D.  So obviously this can result in some confusion.

Hello all,

Sorry for not mentioning that...is it not p3d aswell...just to clear things up, the way that the buildings and trees are loading through the ground is completely normal and this is happening at my LOD Radius at 6.5 miles, which you wouldn't advise increasing due to OOM's and memory issues.

Many Thanks

Archived