OLC NA and Terrain Regions

axsdata

I recently installed OLC NA and so far I am very pleased with it.  I have also, through the years, purchased and installed various Terrain Regions.  So far, I have not added these Terrain Regions to my P3D as I had done a clean install of v3.3.  My question is, did OLC NA make these Terrain Regions obselete?  Or are there extra goodies in them that would make it worth while installing them in addition to OLC NA?

FSS0506489

There is always more detail in the Orbx Regions than in OLC NA. The lowest detail level is Orbx Global, than next is Orbx Landclass EU, NA etc, and the highest level of detail are the Full FAT Regions. You will want to be sure to download the latest installers for the regions so that you have the P3D v3 installers.

Thanks Sniper.  One reason I asked is that I do a lot of flying around the Seattle area.  Before my recent clean install of P3D I used the Pacific Northwest Region a lot.  It is heavy on the FPS but I could live with it.  After I installed OLC NA I flew out of Boeing Field as I usually do.  I was struck by the detail there which was incredible, but also the low FPS.  So I was concerned that if I install the PNW terrain region it will bog things down even further without getting much more detail that I currently have.

Any thoughts?

The full fat regions also upgrade the airports, as well as have photoreal areas of interest and custom 3D landmarks. Plus a few other things the Global/Vector/OpenLC doesn't do.

I don't think the regions upgrade buildings in major cities, such as office towers.

Say where I live in Calgary, the current Northern Rocky Mountains doesn't contain the newly constructed control tower (open 2013), removal of the old Nav Canada control tower (west side of airport), 17L/35R runway (open May 2014) and new terminal (open October 31 2016), but sometime in the future a patch will be released to reflect these changes. 

Archived