Lakeland, Florida HD Trees and Autogen houses are totally wrong

Stan V

I have HD Trees, FTX Global, and FTX NA OpenLCNAmerica installed among many others.  I just started a flight at KLAL (Lakeland Linder Airport) to check out the area as I used to be a Lakeland resident.  Much to my surprise (and dismay) KLAL is surrounded by forested conifer pine trees with nary a palm tree in sight.  Looks more like Minnesota than Florida.  Sure doesn't look like the Florida I knew when I Iived there.   The house style is also not accurate. The houses look more like northern pitched roof houses than one story Florida homes.  How is geography location used to cue the depiction of trees and autogen homes?

Stan V.  Order #FSS0505571

I have never been to Florida but a brief comparison with Google Earth and street view seems

to show remarkable similarities within the limitations of FSX.

Perhaps you could illustrate your observation with a screen shot with co-ordinates.

Panama City has Deciduous & Conifers.  Lanai is devoid of tropical foliage.  New Guinea also has temperate forestation.

BUT..........if you have bought 'Tapini' ..... you actually see large leafed tropical greenery.  I'm sure there must be one or more sites too.

One assumes, that since this is a 'simulator' and does not reflect real life, WHY bother adding real life plant life ?

Except we purchase the 'TREES' addon, we do expect a modicum of reality.  After all, isn't that what ORBX is about ?

Pastor David - not sure I understand your comments.  Panama City is in north Florida - Lakeland is in central Florida.  The weather and surroundings in central Florida are much more tropical than in north Florida.  They compare more favorably with Tampa (only 36 miles away) and Miami.  Not every tree is a palm tree but they are more numerous, especially in settled communities - there are plenty of large oaks with trailing Spanish moss hanging down and citrus trees galore arranged in orderly groves.  Lakeland is the location of the Florida Citrus Commission  It is also the center of a large agricultural region known for its fields of strawberries among other crops.   The predominant house is a single story ranch style with a shallow pitched roof.  I was not commenting about Orbx's modeling in general -only about central Florida in particular.  What is depicted for 'Tapini' is totally irrelevant to my observation -it is halfway around the world in a different culture. 

Nick, I do not expect map fidelity only the establishment of a generalized image effect.  What did I buy with FTX Global and FTX NA OLC?  In Europe I saw fields of colored tulips in the Netherlands when it was spring.  Why show me Minnesota views in central Florida?

Stan V 

While I understand where you're coming from, there are a lot of pine forests in the Orlando area.  Certainly that qualifies as central Florida.  But, I would like to see more palm trees and oaks in Florida.  Specifically in the housing communities like you've mentioned.  

That's part of the trouble using words instead of photos.  I am not complaining about pine forests per se.   Certainly, Orlando is in 'central Florida' but the pine forests in Florida do not look anything like the pine forests in the northern climes of the U.S. whose trees are conical in shape and look like Christmas trees.  The latter seem to be the ones depicted  in the HD Trees dataset around KLAL.   2016-8-10_14-52-35-243.jpg

Stan V  

Archived