Orbx apts not staying in scenery library or installing

I have tried to install KTEX, KEGE, KSEZ, KMRY, KPSP into P3Dv3 to no avail.  The package installer says it installed but when I go to the scenery library the airport is not there. When I try to manually install it, it shows up at the top of the scenery library list, the box is checked and when i click "OK" and exit the scenery library and go the the airport, it is not there,.  Only the default airport is there. I need some help please on this. I searched the forums and could not find a thread on this.  Please help!!

Thanks,

FSS0439743-KEGE

FSS0439743-KMRY

FSS0353563-KPSP

FSS0365549-KSEZ

FSS0476100-KTEX

Hello and welcome to the forums.

It might seem a strange question but when you run the installers, is the background grey or blue and black.

Secondly, when the installer is ready to install but you have not yet clicked OK, it will display the path to where

it is going to put the files.

Is this the same place as your P3D location?

Third, did you allow the un-wrapper and the installer time to complete their tasks, closing the wrapper too

early will stop the installer.

Nick,

answers to your questions..

Background is blue and black

path is correct to P3Dv3

allowed wrapper to complete

The folder is in LM....Orbx...FTX_NA  and the scenery/texture files are there......one thing to mention in the scenery library.... when I unchecked a region such as Oceania and clicked "OK" to exit the scenery library in P3Dv3 and then come back to the library, Oceania is checked again... So maybe it is an issue with P3Dv3 not "holding" the check mark to activate or De-activate a scenery location?

John

My guess is that you are looking at FTX Central version 1, which does not recognise

P3D v3.

I don't think you have finished the installation.

You need to go to this page and download the latest libraries.

Install them and there will be a new version of FTX Central and a file migration.

It should all work after that.

yes, they are there. I am trying to do this in a step by step process as I have NALC downloaded and ready to install. Any thoughts on what priority should be? Fix this issue or install NALC and then see if that would somehow fix this issue?

John

I have installed new Orbx airports into P3Dv3 with the latest Orbx FTX 2.1 Central, libraries, migration etc. The scenery is in the correct folders in P3D as a result of the Orbx install wrapper and completes its install, but it does not show up in the sim or scenery library. I then have manually installed the ADD AREA thru the Scenery Library in P3Dv3, and it shows up in the scenery library with the box checked, I click "OK" and go to another area and then come back to the newly added area and it does not display in the sim. Then I go back into the scenery library and it is not there, even though it was #1 on the list. Can anyone help me? It appears P3Dv3 is not "holding" the check mark to the newly added area.......

Thanks for anyone's insight into this.....

My first thought is it's a permission issue.

For example, If Prepar3d is in the /Program Files (x86)/ folder, and Windows UAC is still active, FTX Central may not be able to setup your scenery library due to Windows not allowing it do so do.

Is Windows UAC active, and/or is Prepar3d in the /Program Files (x86)/ directory?

Archived