Bleeding terrain

gotjackson

I have an issue at a large number of airports with the terrain "bleeding through" on top of the airport taxiways and parking spaces. For the purposes of this post, I am including a screenshot of KHAF which shows this. I have reinstalled the latest ORBXLibs and I don't have any scenery other than ORBX active.

Untitled.jpg

Here is a screenshot of my active scenery library order:

SceneryOrder.jpg

What can I do to eliminate this problem. I have seen it at dozens of airports and it's likely happening at hundreds I have not been to. Suggestions for remedy appreciated.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

missing taxiways are an indication of using airport files not properly re-compiled for P3D. I'm pretty sure that our FTXG airports are all correct but I see that "MyTraffic" entry in your scenery library. What happens if you untick that checkbox and revisit KHAF?

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I suspected MyTraffic, so I had already done a search for a KHAF .bgl file in that folder, but didn't find one. Nevertheless, I unchecked MyTraffic from the scenery library, loaded at KHAF and the problem persists.

Hi Bryan,

turns out it's actually the default airport itself that doesn't display properly in P3D. See my screenshot comparison with only Global vector and openLC NA (in which case the airport itself remains default) versus the airport as included in FTX Northern California.

It's an issue that's been known since the release of P3D. Other than installing add-ons with properly compiled taxiway display flags the only other option is to re-compile the affected airports yourself with ADE; see http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/tutorial-setting-taxi-link-draw-flags-to-default-values.428560/#post-658435

Cheers, Holger 

FTX-NCA - KHAF taxiways in P3D with NCA.jpg

FTX-NCA - KHAF taxiways in P3D without NCA.jpg

Archived