openLC NA - White Tank Mountain Regional Park (near Phoenix, Arizona)

vf99

Hi,

Installed openLC NA and began exploring the Phoenix (KPHX) area and noticed the following textures with "White Tank Mountain Regional Park" (screenshot attached).  Does the LC for this mountain supposed to appear like this (half desert & half non-desert)?

Latitude
N33° 32.99'

Longitude
W112° 26.81'

Heading

Notes:

1. openLC NA installed without any issues

2. Applied latest Orbx libraries

3. Ran FTX Central to apply the Orbx regions

Thank you!

FSX (DX10) screenshot of White Tank Mountain Regional Park attached.

FSX - White Tank Mountain Regional Park.png

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks so much for your reply!  Your screenshot looks great.

I have not deleted any folders or files and I see a sub-folder named "ShadersHLSL" under the main FSX folder.  Should a shader folder be there?

Thanks again!

Make sure you have 3 entries for OPENLC NA in your scenery library.  For some reason, I only had 2 and in Georgia, Cumberland island was depicted as OLC NA and Jekyll island just to north was still default global.

3 hours ago, vf99 said:

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks so much for your reply!  Your screenshot looks great.

I have not deleted any folders or files and I see a sub-folder named "ShadersHLSL" under the main FSX folder.  Should a shader folder be there?

Thanks again!

Not the "ShadersHLSL" in the main FSX.  It should be at C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX.  

Here's more info on shader directory. 

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

Thank you very much for your replies!

I do have 3 entries for openLC NA in the scenery library.  As per your directions, I deleted the shader folders and that did not fix the issue.  I also switched between DX9 and DX10 and the issue shows under both DX versions.  I also re-downloaded a fresh set of openLC NA files and re-ran the installer... there were no errors but the issue remains.

I am not sure what is causing the "default" FSX layer to appear on top of the FTX layer when the scenery library is ordered: FTX, OLC, and default scenery last.

I am certain there is a solution to this issue.

I appreciate all your help!

Hi Holger,

Your solution for excluding the parks polygons around the Phoenix area worked on big parks!  Thank you so very much!  There are 4 to 5 smaller parks polygons that are still visible when flying around KPHX.  Since neither UTX nor FTX Vector are installed on my PC, what would be the best way to exclude the smaller parks?

Thank you again very much for your response, your help, and most importantly your awesome work!

Cheers

Archived