Texture Loading for KFHR area

mauiguy

For about the past three months, I have been unable to fly anywhere in the area north of KSEA and west of S93. If I try to place my a/c in KFHR, KBVS, 74S or anywhere in that area, it stops at "loading terrain data 6%" and I have let it run for 15-20 minutes and finally have to ctl-alt-del and end task. If I start outside this are and then fly into it, frame rates immediately drop drastically and weird textures start to appear and finally I get a CTD. I have reinstalled all the ORBX airports in the area and ORBX PNW. I have disabled all sceneries I can think of in the area and the problem still exists. Anywhere else I fly it runs beautifully with great frame rates and no problems whatsoever. I grew up in Oak Harbor, WA (76S, KNUW) but cannot fly anywhere in that area now. Please help!

• 1 month later...

Since my first post, I have created a totally new scenery.cfg file and by eliminating all ORBX products, I was able to fly in the area. I now have built my scenery.cfg file back to its original state and once again cannot fly in this region. I can't seem to pinpoint the problem and have spent many hours trying to figure it out. Is it possible my areas are in the wrong order? Please try to help. Also, I am starting a new thread on a totally different problem, but perhaps they are related. Thank you.

Archived