ESSA runway edge night lighting "candle" effect

787flyer

Hi,

I am noticing a strange issue with the runway lighting at dusk at ESSA where the central runway lights look small (halo) and embedded in the runway as you would expect, but the edge lighting of the runways appears like a candle effect with a pointed halo above the light. I assume the halo effect below the light is also present, but is blocked by the runway surface. Anyway it appears as though a series of candles are burning along the edge of the runway. Very weird!

Screenshot:

2016-7-29_11-8-2-690_zpsdugpo6gm.jpg

Have tried both FSX Boxed and FSX Steam Edition and the same effect is seen in both at the same airport.

Have tried messing with the FTX Lights Configurator and everything is set to v. small but I think this only effects street lighting, not airport lighting.

Apron lighting at ESSA is fine.

Am running DX10 Fixer and have set the bloom settings to 60% but still no joy.

Any ideas/thoughts what to try to reduce this halo effect on top on the runway edge lighting?

Thanks

Mark

Hey Mark!

Some users seems to have a runway lighting that is a bit off in FSX. We will try to redo the runway lights for FSX in the upcoming Service Pack.

However, currently I don't really know what to do, different shaders and settings might help but I'm sorry to say it is currently what it is.

We are aware of the issue and I promise we will look in to it for the Service Pack.

However, the service pack might be a still a bit left until release as we are waiting for some new technology for the moving gates system and stuff.

Hope you can enjoy the scenery anyways, and maybe someone else have tips on how to address this meanwhile.

Cheers,

One of the developers

Marcus

OK Marcus,

Thx for the prompt reply and letting us know this is already seen.:)

No big deal right now. Look forward to the Service Pack when ready.

The moving gates feature you mentioned I will also look forward to.;)

Cheers

Mark

Archived