GLOBAL BASE causing fsx to crash

molesy

Hello guys,

So last night my FSX:SE keept crashing when i was in window mode and tried to connect my VA ACARS to fsx or even if i clicked on the desktop it would crash. The odd thing is couple of weeks ago i did another flight and i did not have this issue and i have not changed anything in FSX or the PC. After trying different things it did not fix the issue i decided to do a fresh install of FSX SE. After the fresh install, i installed one add- on at a time to find the one that was causing the issue. It so happens to be ORBX Global base. as the moment i installed it the issue occurs. i then uninstalled it and fsx was fine again. so for some reason global base is causing some issue. I downloaded the latest version of Flight sim store V140 and installed the latest library 160708 but the issue is still there. i never had this issue with FSX boxed edition and dont recall having this issue with SE but it appears to be there. The other main addon I have is REX 4. I also have Vector but did not install that since base was already causing a crash.  The only thing i can think of trying is deleting the shader folder like in P3D so it rebuild it. not sure if that would help.

my system is 

windows 10 Pro 64bit

I7 5960X @4.2Ghz

32GB RAM

FSX:SE  (installed on SSD)

GTX980 x2 but i have set FSX to use only one GPU

I also tried adding my order number to my account but i get Error EX1364

Hi Molesy,

I have had issues similar to this recently but managed to resolve them by adding a few fixes and twaeks - my sim now runs like a dream and is much more stable.

Next time the sim crashes, close the sim down and open up your 'Event Viewer'.  This should tell you exactly which module caused the crash.  Finding a fix will be much easier if we know the module that is crashing.

If you can post the error log here - that would be helpful.  Cheers,

Calum

17 minutes ago, molesy said:

Hey. Module is ntdll.dll

You can try this link also:  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/programs-close-faulting-module-ntdlldll/54aaaec5-2b53-4e9f-b9a7-b7889a1cd4b6?auth=1

Almost always not your FSX program or its contents.  Much more likely an outside driver like an upgrade to your system or Nvidia drivers.  Recommend you go back to an older Nvidia driver.

ok so got a update. I installed global as a admin and deleated the shaders and that seemd to fix it and no crash so i went ton and installed vector following the same process. admin and rebuild the shaders but then well weird things happens here is a image of it.  I then have removed vector and blobal and that did not fix it. so i rand steam intregrity check and that re downloaded some files and fixed it.  so now i am reinstalling base. and will test and then try vector. is there any setting i need to do in vector ? I was flying at YSSY ( sydney Aus) now i did not buy FTX AUS but when i install base i see a FTX AUS do i need to configure something any sp? or in vectror enable i have FTX AUS ?

2016-7-25_22-54-33-170.jpg

added. it was not letting me add it before. was getting a error. all done now. i moved back to the boxed version of fsx. as it seems any addon was causing fsx SE  to break. like the image above, just installed orbx base and vector and sys airport was just broken :(

Hi, thanks for that

If you have had FSX then installed FSX-SE or the reverse, or both..etc then you probably have leftover bits of FSX registry entries that can cause havok for any product installer

10 minutes ago, molesy said:

i moved back to the boxed version of fsx

Press the windows key and paste this code into the search box

%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\RegistryFixTool.exe

doubleclick RegistryFixTool.exe, and make sure you only have FSX present and that the location is correct, and if you have FSX-SE still showing up, remove it

Once you have that sorted, try installing FTX Global again, then install the Orbxlibs, then open up FTXcentral and let it update if it asks, then close and re-check

Hi, 

so this was a fresh install of windows 10 and i installed FSXSE  and my addons etcc but it would keep crashing so i removed FSXSE and did a fresh install of FSXSE and started installing one addon at a time and when i installed base it appeared fine the i installed vector and it broke. i uninstalled vector and it remained broken so i keep trying to reinstall FSXSE and tried deleting the shaders as that sometimes fixes it but that did not do it. and seeing that FSXSE was breaking even with no addon installed and only AI i finally gave up and went back to FSX boxed and installed all my addons and its loading correctly.  so i was not sure if FSXSE is just broken the moment you put any addons or was it ORBX somehow not installing correctly ?

Archived