Elevation issue at Freeware LIDA in FSX

Good Morning,

I'm hoping someone can help.  Last evening I downloaded the freeware LIDA airport from the freeware section of the Orbx site.  I have downloaded several of these freeware airports into my FSX (standard version) without issue but for some reason this airport seems to have given me serious elevation issues.

Last night, I also downloaded the latest Orbx libraries and did the latest update for Vector (dated: July 2016) - so I am unsure of exactly which process has caused the issue.

I have ran a search for this topic and can find the odd thread relating to it - however, these threads seem to be relating to P3D users.  Forgive me if I have over-looked an FSX thread covering this issue

I should mention that I currently have FTX Global Base, Vector, Open LC Europe and FTX Scotland installed into my sim.  I am running using Windows 7 - system specs, if required, can be found in my signature.  Thanks in advance for any help - I very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Calum

2 minutes ago, Sylvain Delepierre said:

Hi Calum,

Did you disable the airport elevation correction in Vector config tool?

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I did not.  Could this be the issue?  I have never used this tool before - is it straight forward to use?  Cheers,

Calum

It's very easy. 

Open the FTX GLOBAL VECTOR configuration tool, you should find a shortcut on your desktop. If not, open FTX Central and go to the tools tab.

Go to the Airport Elevation Corrections tab and click "Run Auto-Configuration". Note the auto config. might take several minutes. It will scan your Simulator folder for every airport that needs to be disabled.

Don't forget to hit the Apply button when finished. 

Archived