Repeating Textures in NRM

NeilG

Hi all

I don't know whether this is the result of the migration process or that I simply have not noticed this before, but flying out from Fairchild in the Spokane area within NRM, I was getting extremely conspicuous repeated textures. Many have asked whether there exists repeated textures in 'full fat' regions and I always assumed there wasn't, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'd appreciate comments.

thanks Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ben

Thank you for answering, Ive been away so that is why I did not get back to you. Ive tried to upload screenshots, and have done so before, but for some reason that I cannot fathom I keep getting the fault message that my shots do not have default value. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have posted a request for advice on the community screenshots forum, and when I have advice there I will post the shots I have taken.

Thanks for responding

Neil

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:19 AM, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Neil,

Would you be able to post a few screenshots of the repeating textures that you're seeing? Then we'll be able to compare with our installs and  see if it's related to the migration.

While I am waiting for a response from the 'Community Screenshots' forum, I have been looking through some other posts on repeating textures that have been answered by Holger and pictures posted there which are allot like the ones I would like to post. What seems to be the case there is that in Europe LC, especially on flat agricultural land, such repeated textures are hard to eliminate. Where I was flying was a flat agricultural region, a great flat plain between various areas of the central and northern Rockies from Fairchild and Spokane on a route to Redding so travelling South East. But of course the problem with my experience is that we are talking about full blooded regions and I haven't come across such things in those areas before (I don't think do anyway; sometimes I wonder whether I just hadn't noticed it before), its just I thought the full blooded regions were supposed to have eliminated such things.

Thanks Ben

Neil. 

TEST.jpg

FSX default Spain.jpg

Archived