Death Valley: mesh problem?

Hi Holger,

I raised this on the OZx support forum, but was told that you are over here with orbx. So here's the problem.

I have orbx SCA installed into FSX. I've installed your Death Valley freeware into FSX. It looks great! However, with no changes to the files, Stove Pipe Wells, Independence, Lone Pine, Furnace Wells and Inyokern all look fine. But, the runways at Beatty, Trona and China Lake are all sunk in deep trenches. I've deactivated all the files you suggest to remedy this - see below. However, Beatty, Trona and China Lake are all still sunk in their trenches, while the others mentioned above are still all ok. Puzzling!

Anything further I can try? Thanks if you can help,

Don

DV1.JPG

On 09/07/2016 at 7:57 PM, donbrindles said:

Hi Holger,

I raised this on the OZx support forum, but was told that you are over here with orbx. So here's the problem.

I have orbx SCA installed into FSX. I've installed your Death Valley freeware into FSX. It looks great! However, with no changes to the files, Stove Pipe Wells, Independence, Lone Pine, Furnace Wells and Inyokern all look fine. But, the runways at Beatty, Trona and China Lake are all sunk in deep trenches. I've deactivated all the files you suggest to remedy this - see below. However, Beatty, Trona and China Lake are all still sunk in their trenches, while the others mentioned above are still all ok. Puzzling!

Anything further I can try? Thanks if you can help,

Don

DV1.JPG

Any advice please?

Hi Don,

I'm not the developer of the Death Valley add-on, I merely provided the terrain mesh files for it. 

Generally speaking, trenches or plateaus typically happen if another active add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KBTY*.bgl for Beagle -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

looks like you didn't run Vector's AEC scanner. You need to do so after each time you install a new add-on that includes airport files so that Vector can deactivate its own airport files that may interfere with that add-on, in this case the SCA region.

Once you've run the scanner the three ABP/AEC/APT files in the \FTX_Vector_ folders will have their extension changed from .bgl to .inactive.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I've now run Vector AEC, auto mode. Baetty, Trona and China Lake are now certainly much better - no longer in deep trenches. However thet're all still in shallow trenches - see screenshots below. Is this something I'll have to live with, or anything els I can do?

Stove Pipe Wells, Independence, Lone Pine, Inyokern and Furnace are all still fine.

Thanks for any further advice,

Don

Beatty_KBTY.jpg

China_Lake_KNID.jpg

Trona_L72.jpg

Archived