Tassie Land Class problems after SP3

MitchE

Hi Gents

I've just put SP3 over AUBlue. There has been a lot of work put into it, particularly new 'towns'. A teeny problem I have is that the new towns look a bit like they have been hit with a herbicide. Dead grass and footy ovals. Makes VFR in winter Tassie a bit too easy.

I then changed seasons to Summer to have a look. The towns are now green in dry burn't landscape. Same towns and footy ovals each time. Again, easy VFR 'contrast-wise'.  Spring and Autumn seem to blend in a bit.

Is it just me or.....?  If it is, I'll have to roll up the sleeves and start renaming textures or try to go pre SP3 again.

I like the product so much it has gotten me registered in a forum for the first time.

Yep thanks!! Did the ordernumber bit properly this time I hope.

OK. Just pick any town between Hobart and Launceston in winter.Or the plains between Launceston and Wynyard. .If I'm at 0-1000ft I can see about 5 'grey towns' in any direction from about 30nm.

We live about an hour South of Hobart where the Huon meets the sea. Thats pretty noticable too.

Basically any of the towns or 'villiages' not being suburban.

Then pause over a town and change to Summer.

Hm, I just zipped across Tasmania with the F-18 and couldn't spot anything out of the ordinary, except one thing: when flying out of Launceston, runway heading 320, I spotted this when reaching the river. That doesn't look right to me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

p.s.: here is a "lookaround" of the area around Launceston. Looks normal to me, so the problem is not a general one for SP3.001:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks JIGSAW. I learned to take a screenshot. Cant figure out how to show you. Dont want to tie up the forum learning how.

I cant see MY anomolies in your shots.  I need to be about 20mn out of the main cities. about a dozen between launceston and hobart.

Thanks anyway.

Jigsaw - There's nothing wrong with the LC in the images you're showing. That shaped texture in your first 2 pics is an landclass polygon of an Outer Urban New Estates texture. It could be improved though with some finessing of the sharp edges.

Mitch - I've just flown from Launceston to Hobart in winter and I cannot see any problem areas. We'll need to see some screenshots in order to help you. See this post for instructions on adding screenshots.

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1316.0

Thanks guys.

You're right. I had OZX AU at the top of the scenery library. Disabling it got rid of the problem but I lost the OZX freeware airstrips (Hobart/Bruny island etc). I re-enabled and bumped it down under the FTX libraries. All good now thanks.

Now I'm going to work out a way to lose the Hobart tower from the main apron but thats another story.

Regards Mitch

Thanks guys.

You're right. I had OZX AU at the top of the scenery library. Disabling it got rid of the problem but I lost the OZX freeware airstrips (Hobart/Bruny island etc). I re-enabled and bumped it down under the FTX libraries. All good now thanks.

Now I'm going to work out a way to lose the Hobart tower from the main apron but thats another story.

Regards Mitch

That's not the recommended solution Mitch. OZx should be placed higher than FTX because of the way in which OZx roads are adjusted.

In the OZx documentation there is mention of the optional Tassie Towns addon. You need to remove those specific files only to fix the odd-coloured towns issue.

Archived