Wrong starting place for CAC8

Here's an odd one!

I installed CAC8 into both FSX and P3Dv3.  I tried it out in FSX first and it looks great - very nice addition to that part of the world - excellent work!

So then I tried it out in P3D - to my surprise I discovered that my aircraft was surrounded by empty water (no dock etc) and none of the building on the land present.  At first I thought the scenery hadn't loaded at all but then I realised that it was all there and correct, but just not where my airplane was located!  You can see in the attached screencap the actual buildings etc where the dock is are in the background.

The next time I tried it in FSX, the same thing happened!  That really confused me because I had done nothing at all to my FSX setup in between times, although I did run the installer for P3D again and also ran central for P3D to see if the scenery was appearing there (it was).

Of course, I can get around it by slewing to the correct position and then saving the flight, which I have done, but it means I can't change time, weather etc until the flight is loaded.

Is any one else getting this or is it just me?

CAC8-Start.jpg

Hi Folks,

Just so I don't say something slightly different than what's in the User Guide, perhaps I can refer you to that. You have a choice of starting points and the one shown in your screen shot is in Area B. This location will be adjusted when the Service Pack is released so as to put the plane at the Seair dock instead of where you see it.

Ahh, the old read-the-user-guide-ploy!  I guess I should have thought of that!

In my defence, the reason it fooled me was that the first time I tried it in FSX I was at the dock in Area A with the turbo Otter (I think?) on the other side of it and I had to water-taxi out to a take-off position.  I will ... [shudders as he breaks habit of a lifetime] ... read the manual!

Awesome scenery though!

Thanks Colin,

This is an experiment both for me and for Orbx so I'm glad it's working for you. By the way, there are two hidden water runways which will show up on the GPS when you set up a route, one in Area A and one in Area B.

Archived