FTX Library. Put my mind at rest?

norfolk mike

I opted to go with the migration as soon as I noticed the prompt in FTX Central. In fact the forums were down more often than not during that time, so I missed the influx of initial posts concerning morphing textures and other miscellaneous woes!

At the time, I thought I was one of the majority whose migration went without a hitch, although I do distinctly recall the progress box 'finding' several missing files (is that a contradiction of terms?)

Later that day (or maybe the following day), FTX Central did something else. I'm not sure what that "else" was, but the results of that action was that my landscape now resembled that in the many screenshots being displayed with regards to mixed up textures. I would have uploaded a screenshot at that time, but as well as the forum being intermittently down, the photo uploading site I use was also down (it wasn't a good week really, was it?)

Shortly after Central successfully messed up my textures, it did something else (I'm not sure what THAT something was either), which seemed to result in the restoration of order.

I immediately deselected the updates prompt within FTX Central.

Yesterday, I reactivated it, because I wanted to install the latest Vector update, and unsurprisingly, found IT wanted ME to update the FTX Library. What DID surprise me (upon checking) is that the Library currently installed within my FSX was dated 121201. Yes, the 1st December 2012!? That is despite me updating the libraries (prior to the post migration issues) on a 'as prompted' basis.

Within FSX-SE (which I never touched) I have the library 160321, which is what I SHOULD have had in FSX. So, I copied it to FSX together with the 'versions' text file and all appears well.

FTX Central is still prompting me to update to a subsequent version, but as all appears well within my FSX install, I am reluctant to do so.

Question: (A) Update anyway, and let Ben's 'troubleshooting tool' fix any issues that might arise, or leave 'as is' for now? Why did it revert to version 121201 anyway?

Question: (B) With regards to files manually moved to a temporary folder in order to make KPSP compatible with FTX NA SoCal, should we restore them prior to running the 'tool'? :D

I should point out (in edit) that I do appear to have the latest version of FTX Central, which doesn't necessitate the applying of individual regions.

Archived