(TAP) Tapini floating buildings and plane launches in mid air.

covtransmdes

Hi I purchased this payware this morning and just installed. On the flight planner I type in TAP for the ICAO, select runway 1 and launched. The problem is the plane always launches mid air stuck in the mountains. I press slew, slew up and see a big hole in the ground and surrounded by floating buildings. I tried using the Airport Elevation Corrector in the FTX global configuration tool which has fixed similar elevation issues from past ORBX purchases, but this did not fix the problem at the Tapini (TAP) runway. Can you help?

Screen grabs below.

TAPINI TAP 1.jpg

TAP TAPINI 2.jpg

If you haven't already, you should also get the Jacksons International Airport package, and the freeware Emo Mission airstrip (Mission as in missionaries, not as in FSX mission).

With all of these packages combined, you have a breathtaking and exciting area of the world to fly in in Flight Sim.

Whilst that does make sense ...

... Adding the mesh to the installer would add to the overall product filesize meaning you'd end up with a rather large download.  For people with slower Internet connections, or download limits, this can cause headaches.  I think that's why the decision was made to keep them separate.  And, of course, it is handy for folks who haven't decided to purchase the Jacksons International and/or Tapini offering to still be able to download and use the (separate) freeware mesh.

Hi,

Just to add to Freddys comments, we keep the PNG mesh separate and free for a few reasons..

- everyone can have access to the same high quality mesh made by Holger Sandmann (this really is the best PNG mesh available on the market)

- means each product we make for PNG uses the same freeware mesh, without having to have multiple copies of it, or bundling it with each product increasing download sizes

- other folks can build 3rd party scenery using the same mesh and it all works together

- and lastly even if folks dont have any of our products they can still enjoy Papua New Guinea the way it was meant to be

It might not make sense with one product, but when there are more it does (AYPY and TAP combined equal about x 37 airports), so having the right mesh is crucial as every single little object (and there are thousands) is placed exactly according to the elevations of the mesh set @ 5m, for bigger airports with dead-flat surface its not such a big deal, but for bush strips with sloping runways and specific elevations around the buildings it can be a problem

Cheers

Tim

Archived