Invisible object just before runway numbers at Hawthorne runway 25

Andrew Roberts

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled everything trying to fix this with no luck. If even slightly below the glideslope at KHHR runway 25 the airplane "crashes". I don't see myself hitting anything, but something is there. Is there a way to fix this? Funning base, vector, and SC

Please don't immediately recommend turning off crash detection for issues like this. It's just an excuse for what often turns out to be a scenery development mistake or oversight.
Crash detection works fine in the most part. It's usually a scenery design fault that causes the problems; often either a crash box being too big, a crash box applied to an object by accident, or a crash box over zealously applied to an object that doesn't, for practial gameplay purposes, merit one (like a clump of grass or a small runway light).

If you only have a problem with crash detection with one scenery, why on earth would you throw the baby out with the bath water and turn it off for everywhere else where it actually works fine.
See my crusade to get the crashbox removed from the night time beacon at Siletz Bay as an example. I finally worked out that the night version of the beacon tower had a long thin crashbox that spanned the whole scenery, cutting straight across the runway. Ed Correia fixed it in the end, for which I'm most grateful.

So please can we allow a scenery investigation to take place before giving up.

I submit that crash detection has very little realism associated with it and it's better to learn to recognise when in fact you have 'crashed'.  Either way there's nothing particularly realistic about the crash in the sim, either from a damage modelling or even personal health aspect, and with it turned off and a different mindset FSX becomes much more enjoyable and less stressful in places where rogue crahboxes are found.

I guess my mind set is different then.  I'll strive to get broken scenery fixed. I'll even attempt to fix it myself if I can.
I'd rather be judged independently as in real life than make the call myself. It's going to rather hard for me to judge if I've exceeded the tensile strength of a landing gear componet in a heavy landing. But the game engine does at least have some concept of it, which I'm happy to accept in the absence of anything better.

Archived