FTX Central - correct version?

cwam

Hi,

I am about to (very reluctantly!) undertake a complete software rebuild of my Win7 system, starting from a reinstall of Win7 itself and working up from there!  As part of this I will be doing a complete reinstall of my FSim and ORBX products, and I have a question about FTX Central.

When I was installing products recently I seemed to be getting different versions of central.  Obviously the latest version is the one that implements the lclookup/migration etc. but my question is: where does Central come from?  Is in included in the ORBXLIBS or is in in the region/airport downloads.  I want to make sure that I begin my reinstall of ORBX products by making sure I have the most recent version of FTX Central but I am not sure what version that is or where to get it.

Once I do have the latest version, can it be overwritten and replaced by an earlier version if I am installing a region or airport?  I downloaded all my ORBX products that are P3Dv3-ready fresh from FSS last month as I am intending to move to P3Dv3, but I also want to keep FSX.  I have one airport (Anacortes) that is not yet P3Dv3-ready. I am worried about installing Anacortes into FSX - since it hasn't been updated yet, is there any chance that it will install an earlier version of FTX-Central?

Sorry if these questions seem either silly or irrelevant, I am just trying to understand how things work so that I can get the most efficient reinstall process!

Hi guys,

Just bumping this one up.

i know it is a busy time but can no-one answer this - it seems like a fairly straightforward question?  Or is the information elsewhere?

11 minutes ago, Venturi said:

As soon as you download a region central will appear. It will then tell you to update and then after that will perform  lclookup/migration etc , AUTOMATICALLY.

I agree.

Any version of Central will check for updates when it is started. And I don't believe and older one  would overwrite a newer

version.

If you want the latest version, the after you install yous products run central again and let it check for updates.

Note: Edited after re reading the OP.

2 minutes ago, Venturi said:

As soon as you download a region central will appear. It will then tell you to update and then after that will perform  lclookup/migration etc , AUTOMATICALLY.

Thanks for the reply:).

So, to be clear, there is no danger that I will overwrite a newer version of central with an older one, irrespective of what Regions/airports I install or what order I do them in?

Archived