Errors Messages loading FSX using FTX with VSX Scenery enabled

alpd_hbt

ORDER 3555

Hi, I get the following  5 errors when loading FSX with FTX and VSX Scenery enabled - although functionally everything appears to run OK.  The error didn't occur prior to installing FTX. The error also doesn't occur with VSX scenery disabled:

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.116. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.117. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.118. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.119. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.120. Click OK to continue.

SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid Remote scenery path in scenery Area.122. Click OK to continue.

Can anyone provide any advice.

Cheers.

Thanks Bob,

The four FTX scenery areas appear first in the scenery list followed by the Australian Mesh and VSX scenery areas.  Clicking OK or re-ordering and clicking OK produce the same five errors.  Still no joy unfortunately.

Cheers, Adrian

Hi Adrian,

you can also try a self repair using Steve Greenwood's scenery .cfg utility: http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/downloads/fsscenery.zip

It was originally written for FS2002 but the scenery library format hasn't changed since so it still works well. Unzip into a folder of its own, copy your current scenery.cfg (\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX) into that folder and run the .exe to receive an error report and statements about fixes.

Cheers, Holger

G'day Bob & Holger,

I've pasted the offending contents of the file in this post after running the scenery.cfg utility didn't change anything other than bump the errors up a number with the same values then in 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 123.

[Area.116]

Title=05 VSX Landclass

Layer=117

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.117]

Title=04 VSX Libraries

Layer=118

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.118]

Title=03 VSX Scenery

Layer=119

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.119]

Title=02 Oz-Roads-Traffic

Layer=120

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.120]

Title=01 VSX Roads

Layer=121

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.122]

Title=Australia_Mesh_FSX

Layer=122

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Thanks for your assistance to date.

Cheers, Adrian

Rob,

I'm not in fact missing that area (121), I just didn't paste it in as it was not one of the areas causing an error, as I stated I "...pasted the offending contents of the file in this post".  Area 121 is add-on Heathrow scenery. I'll uninstall that and VSX as you suggest & see how I go.

Cheers, Adrian

Evening Bob & Holger,

I've uninstalled and then reinstalled VSX and the additional add-on scenery I had and that appears to have done the trick. Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. 

Well done to the team on a great product.

Cheers, Adrian

Archived