Odd feature in Florida

GregH

Hi John and Orbx team,

I'm really not sure if this update problem affects me also. I have Global and Vector. The only region I have is PNW. I departed out of Eglin Air Force Base (which is not under PNW) today on the default flight, default airport scenery, turned out right down the coast and this is visible after a couple minutes. I don't remember seeing this previously.

Does this look like my system has also been tripped up by the latest update? If so, so I need to open a ticket or wait it out for news of a fix?

Thanks, and regards

2016-6-20_18-36-6-397.jpg

Hello Greg,

I have split your post from the "migration" topic because I don't think it is related.

They say you learn something new every day and I certainly just did.

That, whatever it may be, is there in the real world. 

Untitled.jpg

Here is a Google street view of some of it.

Untitled2.jpg

Hi GregH,

That would be (Spencer NOLF - ICAO - NRQ) in Pace Florida, checked it out in Google Earth it looks about right to me. Star shape airstrip/s on large grass square. Though P3D does display lighter grass texture in summer, try spring it should look a little greener.

Wow, I found it now also in Google Earth. Looks weird in P3D and equally so in real life! Listed as Naval Outlying Field Spencer. The most crazy airport I have ever seen. I suspect that it is rather more than a simple air force base though. Those unusual sets of four reflective spots on each corner, crazy symmetry and structures/markings on four of the points. Rather devoid of aircraft except for what appears to be a crashed helicopter with a few emergency vehicles parked around it. No less than 8 runways but no terminal and the only access road leads straight onto one of the runways. No apron either.

Glad (relieved) to know it is not my sim that is misbehaving!

Cheers!

Hi Greg,

They might be expecting visitors from another world, "Independence day" UFO kinda style.  I don't really know why its that shape but if I find something in the historical records that could explain the design brief, that would certainly go half way to an explaination. :wacko::D

Archived