elevation issues

Mike Ryder

I'm having numerous elevation issues like this, post migration that I have not had previously.  Usually running the AEC tool in vector would fix issues like this but many of the airports aren't even listed in the AEC tool within vector.  KBOI is an airport I never had issues with previously now all the runways and taxiways look like they are on levees.  I hope it's just a migration issue that will be fixed with updated libraries but as it stands I'm wishing I had not migrated.

Mike, migration is when Orbx did away with regional activation using FTX central.  I don't think you can "undo" it easily or many would have

What to do? I'm sort of waiting to hear from an Orbx support tech. or at least other users to ensure it's a systemic issue.  I know how to layer scenery in the library so I know at least in my case, it's not a layering issue. 

I think they have their hands full right now but I 'm sure someone will chime in here soon. 

Mike: I don't know what other scenery you have besides FTX, but I also don't know how you "removed" all the FTX sceneries. I may be wrong here but I am sure that there would be remnants of former FTX influence left behind in possibly your scenery cfg and/or your Terrain cfg.

My suggestion would be to reinstall your sim in order to remove every 3rd party remnant.This would lead to corrupt texture issues as shown in you pic.

You would then have a choice to make as to whether to start reinstalling your addons and doing the Migration, or leaving them uninstalled until the Migration system has been fully investigated and revised by Ben.

• 1 month later...

Archived