Help needed! Orbxlibs 160528 issues

Anirudh Natekar

Hi guys,

I finally decided to post. I have been an ORBX customer since 2011, and have never faced any issue with any of your products. When I usually run into FSX problems, I try to fix them on my own, or go to forums to read through similar issues people may have solved. 

I upgraded my hard drive last week to the Samsung M.2 PCIe SSD with 512GB in hopes of gaining in performance. So I had to perform a clean install of Windows 10, FSX and everything else. I took time to install, tweak and tune everything as per NickN's advice. Finally when I was happy with the clean FSX performance, I decided to install all ORBX scenery, starting with Global, then regions, then airports (I have had some issues with Vector in the past so decided to skip it for the time being -- I have also ordered FS Global Ultimate Americas, and will consider installing them later). 

Anyway, after each ORBX install, I took a test flight from an airport in that region. Everything seemed fine. After all the regions (PNW, PFJ and NCA) were installed and working, I gave in to the ever-present notification in FTX Central to update my libraries (despite my close watch on forums about issues with this version, mainly because several people also reported they didn't have any issues).

And so it started -- flashes, blurries, bad/wrong textures getting loaded on the fly during flight. I have tried to change my settings to low, even deleted fsx.CFG, nothing is working.

Below are some screenshots and links to YouTube videos I posted (they are not public).

Can you please let me know what I should be doing at this point? Is there a way to go back to the earlier version of the libraries? I can provide more info of my setup as needed.

Thank you for any help!

1. KHQM (Bowerman): This airport is next to the ocean/bay, but the entire area is now filled with trees, not water.

fsx 2016-06-17 09-58-14-58.jpgfsx 2016-06-17 10-38-27-49.jpg

2. KSFO San Francisco - Airport and the city should be surrounded by water, but it's land everywhere. Textures are all jumbled.

fsx 2016-06-17 10-18-45-21.jpg

fsx 2016-06-17 10-12-54-15.jpg

fsx 2016-06-17 10-10-45-09.jpg

YouTube videos:

Oh, and I've already tried clearing the SceneryIndexes and Shaders folders.

I use FSX Steam Edition on Windows 10 with following hardware: 

I7-6700K CPU in Overclocked to 4.6GHz

NZXT Kraken X61 Cooler

ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Asus STRIX GTX 980 Ti with 6GB VRAM

G.Skill 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM

Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD (Boot drive)

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 PCIe 512GB SSD (FSX)

WD Black 1TB HDD (REX, ASN, Textures, pagefile, etc.)

iMac 27" for Monitor

I know the ORBX staff is overwhelmed by the issues reported by customers, and I know it's a weekend but they are still responding to the issues case-by-case and working hard to get the fix(es) out.

Since I have not heard back on my case in the last 48+ hours or even had an ackknowledgement of my issue, I have decided not to wait it out. I just did a full reinstall (again) of the Windows, FSX and all of my Orbx regions & airports, except FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector and the Orbxlibs 160528. 

Everything is working very well (touch wood!). I will post some screenshots in the screenshots forum.

Although I am a bit surprised and saddened that nobody has replied so far, I am now in no hurry for a solution, as I won't be installing the Vector / Orbxlibs updates until everyone here confirms it fixes all issues. 

Cheers!

Hi there,

Thanks for the screenshots and videos, clearly the migration has not completed successfully for you since what you're seeing is caused by an incorrect lclookup and possibly terrain.cfg, so I do understand your frustration in this instance.

You've done the right thing to re-install and revert to a previous setup, please be patient as we investigate further and once you feel confident we've resolved the problem at our end then you can migrate with confidence.

Ben will be releasing some analysis tools and a checklist to help diagnose why the migration is not working for some people, stay tuned.

Hi John, I was successful in restoring FSX and Reinstalling FTX Global v1.40.As far as I know the installer did not include ORBX Libraries.
I installed the 160528 Libs and I'm locked out of FTXC and a red box appears stating I must migrate. Obviously I'm hesitant to try that again.
Are the libs required if you are only using FTX Global? Will they display in an unmigrated state?
Is there an older set of libraries available for those who have issues and need to revert back?
Thanks
Stan

46 minutes ago, dc10boy said:

Hi John, I was successful in restoring FSX and Reinstalling FTX Global v1.40.As far as I know the installer did not include ORBX Libraries.
I installed the 160528 Libs and I'm locked out of FTXC and a red box appears stating I must migrate. Obviously I'm hesitant to try that again.
Are the libs required if you are only using FTX Global? Will they display in an unmigrated state?
Is there an older set of libraries available for those who have issues and need to revert back?
Thanks
Stan

Stan,

I'll let John respond to this, but thought I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I think you shouldn't have installed 160528, just FTX Global. It is those libraries that caused problems for me (migration makes it worse).

Thanks,

Anirudh

After installing the libraries, I see no problems with my LC or anything else in FSX.They seem to be working properly.I have not migrated.My only snag, is when I open FTXC the red box tells me I must migrate.When I close the box FTXC will close.I think, to use the older FTXC, you need the older libraries.
At least in my system, it seems the migration process caused my issues not the new libraries.
Stan

Archived