Holgermesh 3.2?

• 2 weeks later...

None of the Holger Mesh files are installing for me in P3D3.3. Seems the installers only recognize up to P3Dv2.x

On my old setup, I had a P3Dv2.x registry entry. I've since had to rebuild my system, and no longer have any vestiges of P3Dv3.2 or lower on my system. I've also found a couple of the 'fat' regions are not showing with P3Dv3.x installers even after fresh downloads from FlightSimStore. Specifically, PNW, Pacific Fjords and the HD Trees addition. So I have none of those in my current P3Dv3.3 installation.

Pacific Fjords is freshly downloaded from FSS at v1.4; Pacific North West is freshly downloaded at v1.80 ... and the installer shows only P3D v2 in the menu, and will not install on a clean P3Dv3.3 installation with no previous/earlier P3D installation of any sort.

:( Very sad-faced after spending all day re-downloading most off my purchased scenery files only to find they do not install directly into P3Dv3.3

Edit: Report submitted, ID: ot12b8078950faffeace765d0cebbfe7ca

Hi,

You can use the FTX freeware registry tool by setting P3D2 location to P3D3 path. Retry install for P3D2. That should work ;)

That may work, but I really don't want to mess with registry entries for non-existent software... Will have to do that for Tongass Fjords shortly.

What I found that works is re-downloading my Orbx software (ALL of it, again) even though what I had was the same version number as the new download. Turns out Orbx has updated the installers without doing an incremental change to the version number. So where I had bypassed downloading packages because the version numbers matched up between what I had and what FSS has, I was missing the latest installers.

I did currently a complete re-install starting all over with P3D v3.3. Everthing installed without any tricks. I have everything from ORBX except Irland and UK. Also HD Trees where fine

Helmut

On 23/06/2016 at 4:39 AM, M.Lewis said:

None of the Holger Mesh files are installing for me in P3D3.3. Seems the installers only recognize up to P3Dv2.x

On my old setup, I had a P3Dv2.x registry entry. I've since had to rebuild my system, and no longer have any vestiges of P3Dv3.2 or lower on my system. I've also found a couple of the 'fat' regions are not showing with P3Dv3.x installers even after fresh downloads from FlightSimStore. Specifically, PNW, Pacific Fjords and the HD Trees addition. So I have none of those in my current P3Dv3.3 installation.

Pacific Fjords is freshly downloaded from FSS at v1.4; Pacific North West is freshly downloaded at v1.80 ... and the installer shows only P3D v2 in the menu, and will not install on a clean P3Dv3.3 installation with no previous/earlier P3D installation of any sort.

:( Very sad-faced after spending all day re-downloading most off my purchased scenery files only to find they do not install directly into P3Dv3.3

Edit: Report submitted, ID: ot12b8078950faffeace765d0cebbfe7ca

Hi

Holgermesh PNG and Holgermesh AU both work in P3D v3 so I would suggest that you re-download them from the freeware page and try again.

With regards to PNW,Pacific Fjords and HD Trees, again all are P3D v3 compliant and are working on my sim. Again I would suggest that you re-download them.

Kind regards

Ian

Archived