New Zealand north & south

Jack Sawyer

I have P3D v 3.2, just installed it last week and now I'm beginning to install all my Orbx stuff to transition from FSX.

Just now when I went to install NZ North it has three paths, FSX, P3D v 1, and P3D v 2.

Is there an installer for version 3 or is what I have the latest?

Please respond as soon as able as I really want to install these.

Thanks.

Jack

Thank you both.  It looks like I have a lot of work to do!  So many Orbx products.

I was looking in the announcements thread.

Holy cow is this gonna be time consuming.

So let me ask a question, if I go to install one and it says v1 or v2 but not v3 then I need to re-download it?

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi

If you access your FlightSimStore account and re-download your software you will find that it is now compatible with P3D version 3.

Kind regards

Ian

I'm there now and it shows NZ South for example but it doesn't say what sim it's compatible with.  So I guess I'll download them anyway.

Just now, pmb said:

In some cases the numbers didn't change but the installer did.

Kind regards, Michael

Well, thanks Michael, looks like I'm keeping the downloads going.

So please answer me this.

If I try to install any of my 28 Orbx products, (gosh that's a lot), and it only shows an installer for v1 or v2 then it's not correct for P3D?  Am I understanding this correctly?

Indeed, and if the installer is listed there and your own installer does not list P3D3 despite, then you'll have to redownload. Now you know what we all went though during the last months (and I own all of the 100+ products). ;). And btw, it's quite a service we got these without any additional fees.

Kind regards, Michael

1 minute ago, pmb said:

Indeed, and if the installer is listed there and your own installer does not list P3D3 despite, then you'll have to redownload. Now you know what we all went though during the last months (and I own all of the 100+ products). ;). And btw, it's quite a service we got these without any additional fees.

Kind regards, Michael

That's what I was looking for Michael!  Thank you.

And yes, if it wasn't for Orbx doing this then I'd just quit but now that Mr. Venema is kind enough to do this then he has a customer for life.  This has to be the best scenery and customer service on the internet.

Looks like I'll be going through what you went through.  It takes me three hours to download one NZ.  And I have many more.

But that was my main question answered, that IF I see, on install, NO P3D and just v1 or v2, then to STOP and get the correct installer.

Thanks again and best regards,

Jack

8 hours ago, JS07 said:

I have P3D v 3.2, just installed it last week and now I'm beginning to install all my Orbx stuff to transition from FSX.

Hi Jack,

On another note, recently P3D v 3.3 is released. I would suggest you install everything with that newer version :).

15 minutes ago, Eric Bakker said:

Hi Jack,

On another note, recently P3D v 3.3 is released. I would suggest you install everything with that newer version :).

Thanks Eric, nah, too much work.  I'm gonna stick with this version.

That would mean about two weeks of work almost 24/7, no sleep and I STILL have 44 Orbx's yet to download from FSS and install.  Whew!

1 minute ago, JS07 said:

Thanks Eric, nah, too much work.  I'm gonna stick with this version.

That would mean about two weeks of work almost 24/7, no sleep and I STILL have 44 Orbx's yet to download from FSS and install.  Whew!

Well, in that case you can just download the new 3.3 Client Installer and update your 3.2 version. Works without problems with me.

(just uninstall your 3.2 P3D Client and install the 3.3 Client. You don't need to reinstall anything else).

1 minute ago, bnepethomas said:

Ran into the same issue with NZNI last night - try using the global CDN as the download source and when you unzip it check files are Nov 2015, not 2014.

Cheers

Peter

That's odd, I downloaded both NZ's yesterday and they were the correct P3D installers, the "blue" ones.

Don't remember which FSS DL link though.

Archived