Freeware Airports

IanF

Was thinking of installing the NA freeware pack, will it overwrite any of my payware, for example I have payware for CYQM, CYYT, CYTZ etc etc, these appear in the list. So when I run the installer will there be an option not to install certain airports?

I am not sure that you can pre=select what or what not to install. However once insatalled you need to go into the installed file and remove all duplicated airports that in there that you have payware for. There are other methods I believe to achieve the same result but this method is the cleanest. I suggest you make a backup of the installed freeware pack just in case you need to reinstall certain parts if you delete something in error, or put the removed airports into a separate folder for storage.

Hi Ian,

Just following on from jjaycee1's good advise above. No files from other packages are overwritten by FTXG Freeware Airports, these are placed in their own folder, this folder will be activated automatically in the "scenery.cfg" when the sim database is rebuilt. There is no install pre-selection or ICAO choice in the install routine.

Before starting the sim you can simply switch the FTXG Freeware versions off by ICAO code search.

If you navigate to the below folder in your sim installation once the NA Freeware pack is installed, you will find via a windows search of the "scenery" folder the files you need to switch OFF, this will allow you to use your other Payware or freeware addon versions instead of the FTXG freeware versions.

\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery

There will be 3 files for each new Global Freeware Airport,  just type in the search tool (  CYYT  ) or CYQM or CYTZ, the search tool will bring up the 3 files, you can then move them to a new folder for safe keeping or place an .OFF extension as in the example below.

Example

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYYT.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYYT_CVX.bgl.OFF

FTX_FTXG_CYYT_objects.bgl.OFF

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, moshe said:

Can I just lower the layer of  FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS in the scenery list so all the payware are just above it?

That should work most of the time. If you have a problem i.e. duplicate objects you can just set the files to off as described above. I have the global freeware airports below all my detailed airports and haven't had a problem.

Larry

Archived