Unified LC Lookup & New Installs

jmorvay1971

Last evening, I continued a reinstall of my ORBX products, starting with Global and working my way down my list.  After Global was installed and a couple of reboots, I received the message to start the migration, but only right before attempting to install FTX OpenLC EU.  I ignored the message until OpenLC EU was done.  I then follwed through with the migration, watching the DOS prompt go nuts and then I assumed it was complete.  I then proceeded to reboot and then install FTX OpenLC NA/Canada.  That finished without issue as well, BUT when opening FTX Central, I didn't get any message about migrating the newly installed products.

I currently have Global, Vector, OpenLC EU and NA/CA installed, but after a final check with FTX Central, no further messages have appeared to migrate.  Will my installs still be recognized and run in my sim?

The migration is performed automatically.

After the first migration complete message, each install that you do has the DOS command performed after the install, without a completion message. So the only way you can confirm if the migration was performed and the products are installed is to look in FTX Central under your installed products.

If you can open FTX Central and click around, then the migration is done and you should see your installed products in the sim. If you want to make sure, just take a look at your scenery library.

Well, if there was a DOS Prompt appearing after installing OpenLC EU and NA/CA, it was either faster than the speed of light or something didn't work right.  However, your statement about seeing the installed products in FTX Central is true, I do see them in the list.  I haven't had a chance yet to fire up my sim to see the scenery, but I will this evening and report my findings.

Archived