My Scenery Library after installing Orbx stuff

Rongor

Hey guys,

so far I purchased and installed 3 Orbx items.

I got the

FTX Global Base Pack

FTX Global Vector

and the

FTX Trees HD.

Now my scenery library looks like this:

lX3UwcT.jpg

Now my questions:

Should I leave the sceneries in that order? Don't the vector sceneries get overlayed by all the higher continent sceneries of the default data?

Besides the vector items in that list, which of the other Orbx items represents which of my other 2 OrbX addons?

yep, I did, It was offered immediately during my today's installation process after the first sync.

Which confused me since I don't yet have a clue what the Orbxlibs and unified lclookup mean exactly.

Hmm, interesting.  I haven't installed the latest libs or updated FTX Central to run unified lclookup.  Basically all the regions that are installed will be active and placed correctly within the sim.  Perhaps this is the new way the regions are stored in the scenery.cfg.  Hopefully someone from Orbx will come along and answer your question's.  Have you noticed any difference in the sim?

Hello Rongor and welcome to the forums.

There is nothing wrong with your scenery library, please don't move the FTX entries about.

9 is the libraries.

10, 11 and 12 are the entries required by the FTX Global installation.

38,39,40 and 41 are the Vector entries, you will find one more almost at the bottom of the

library list.

To Robert, there are no regions installed here and the libraries are already in the list.

@maxamWell, since I didn't purchase/install any specific regions/airfields so far, I don't even understand how FTX Central sees me having any regions to be migrated.

Only difference I can see so far that an area in my neighborhood of about 12 square miles which was correctly depicted as a forest in the P3D default scenery now has urban textures...

and @Nick Cooper I am wondering what is the "difference" between 9 and 10+11+12? I am currently working my way through the ftx-definitive-guide but in case it isn't clarified there, I would totally appreciate you elaborating a bit further how the data of FTX Global Base Pack is actually stored there...

Ok, I am so sorry I didn't make myself clear. Of course I know the data isn't stored in that list called "scenery library" but it is stored in the folders defined by that library and my question adressed in fact those corresponding folders with sub-folder named sceneries.

The folder and scenery library names are fairly self explanatory.

ORBXLIBS = ORBX LIBrarieS

ORBX!OPENLC = OPEN LandClass

ORBX!VECTOR = VECTOR

In your library, the scenery location tells you where the files are.

Is this what you wanted to know?

I know how that library works, I am only wondering why 3 installed Orbx products bring me 9 new entries in that library.

I am especially curious regarding the 3 OPENLC items.

According to the FTX definitive guide, the Gobal Base Pack contains mostly textures and some improvements for substandard default landclasses.

Since I didn't get any of the OpenLC-packs, why do I now have 3 entries called "OpenLC" and corresponding folders containing 1.37 GB of data alltogether? Are these the "limited
adjustments to Standard Landclass for certain parts of the world where the default data is particularly poor"?

Archived