New update, off the wall question.

martinc

Hi folks,

Ok,

Software updates done. Works great, ran a couple of test flights across region boundary's no problems encountered.

Did have one completely unrelated thought.

With the change do you need to re-compile flight planner DB's eg. Peter Arnots Plan-G ?.

Cheers

Martin C.

Yes and No.  It depends on WHICH "updates" you have done.  When I woke up this morning, FTX Central was telling me there were TWO updates available.

The first one was the new Unified Landclass and FTX Central update.  Like Sue said, for these updates none of the navigation data (airports, VOR's, NDB's, etc) in your flight sim was moved, updated, added, deleted, etc by the Unified Landclass/FTX Central  update.  So I'm not planning on running the rebuild database function of my Flight Sim Commander program for THAT update.  Should work the same way for Plan-G.

But, the SECOND update was the new NA Freeware Airports Pack that was just released.  If you updated THAT, you probably SHOULD run any database update utilities for something like Plan-G or Flight Sim Commander.  The Freeware Airports update contained something like 24 new airports, and the developers may have made some navigation data changes to them.  For instance, one of the airport updates re-numbered the airport's runway's to the current real-world runway numbers.  That would need to be updated in Plan-G by running your database manager for Plan-G.

Archived