FTX Global incorrect middle east textures

Number Six

Hello,

I purchased and installed FTX Global yesterday and generally speaking I am very impressed. However, I have noticed one bug that really sticks out at OJAI (Queen Alia Intl @ Amman):

HmpVE6W.jpg

The airport itself is built on desert with nothing but desert in and all around the airport for miles and miles. However, in the sim, there is clearly a glaring error where the airfield itself is entirely green and there are fields that look like they've been taken out of northern Europe adjacent to the airfield for many miles. As you can see, the desert only starts way off in the distance. 

Is this a problem with FTX Global or is it simply the way the sim has allocated the textures?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Is this a problem with FTX Global or is it simply the way the sim has allocated the textures?

It is the latter.   It isn't bad textures, they are fine.  However, most will agree it is the wrong textures being applied in the wrong places.  So it is the land classification that is lacking here.

And this will be fixed eventually when they get around to doing Open LC for this part of the world.  They did Europe and it is very good - not perfect, but really quite nicely done, and certainly better than any other alternatives I've seen (my opinion).  Canada and Alaska have also been completed recently and the rest of North America is undergoing testing.  After that they make their way around the world... eventually we'll have a nice looking Middle East. 

OK, thanks for your reply.

If I've understood correctly they're planning on releasing 7 of these landclass packs and the ME is part of the fourth in the series. Judging by the rate at which the first 1.5 packages have been released, doesn't that mean Africa and ME are years away? I don't see how FSX would be all that relevant by then with the new sim coming later this year. 

24 minutes ago, Number Six said:

Sorry, I was referring to DTG Flight Simulator - I would have expected most users to migrate within a couple of years. 

I know the sim you are referring to, but future users will migrate only if there is appropriate scenery to go with it.  We don't know one way or the other.

Fair enough. Do we have any estimate on when the Middle East landclass will be released?

The manual for FTX Global states the remaining regions will be released through 2015/2016 - is this still true?

I'm constantly finding new areas around the ME in the sim that have the same issue as above - it's incredibly jarring.

Archived