FTX Trees Install Confirmation

Hello. Can anyone please let know how I can know if FTX Trees have installed in my FSX(SE) or not. Will it be shown in the FTX Central 2? I am currently using GLOBAL base pack. So, I see FTX Global active in the left column. For FTX Trees, will it also be shown in on the left if it is in use?

Actually, the problem causing this is because during the installation process, it installed all files in D drive. But my FSX is in my J Drive. So, I have to manually move all files from D Drive to J Drive... I'm not a computer idiot so I think I made something wrong during the manual moving of files.

Thank you!!

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Probably you need to amend the registry entry for your installation of FSX.

If you visit this page and download the FSX Registry Utility, you can use it

to do this.

Once you have, try re-installing HD trees which should then be put in the right place.

Yeah!! I finally understand what the tool is used for! Last time I posted a question when I download the GLOBAL base pack and you ask me to install this also. However, I have no idea what this tool is for. Finally, I understand it now. Thanks so much!

11 minutes ago, Dieter said:

The FTX Tree installation is shown in FTXCentral.

Switch to "Settings" - "Tools" - "Installed Products".

All your installed Orbx software is listed here.

Thanks mate! It really helps me for checking and confirming!

On 2016/5/29 at 3:48 PM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Terence,

This article will  help. Just click the blue writing.  Other FAQ's can be found in the same subforum.

Thanks. I finally install all the three including GLOBAL, VECTOR and TREES. However, it seems that VECTOR is not working! I can see new trees, but the scenery remains GLOBAL!! What should I do for it? Should I turn hybrid mode on? (To be honest I totally don't know what Hybrid mode means...) Here are two attachments. Would u also please help check if I download everything properly please? Thank you so much!!

fail.png

fail1.png

Hello Terence,

I'm not sure what you mean by Vector not working, but essentially your currently installed products are the global range of products, FTXGlobal Base, FTX Vector, (Trees HD), it would not be necessary to check the "Hybrid box"  because you have no "Full Regions" installed and therefore do not have Groups like North America, Oceania or Europe to facilitate the need for Hybrid mode. ( Orbx developers are currently working on doing away with Hybrid mode with a new "Unified lclookup" )

2 things noticed from your pictures is that your "Installed Orbx Products" Orbx Libraries, does not have a version number or Date Stamp, there is also a green banner in FTXCentral recommending that you Update your Orbx Libraries to the latest version.

I suggest that this time you go to this link download and install the Complete libraries : https://fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs current version v160321. (Once installed the green banner should disappear) Download Extract to a temp folder rightclick the FTXORBXLIBS_160321.exe installer (select > Run as administrator) follow the prompts. When finished open FTXCentral and click FTXGlobal Group > then click the Apply Group button. You should also at this time re-run the Vector Auto Configuration tool. (FTXCentral > Settings tab > Tools > FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool) 

Make sure you have rechecked the checkboxes in Settings > General tab (Use Orbx Trees, Use Trees HD, Use Vector Road Lights, you should also go to Settings > Tools > Global Lights Configurator > (if you have installed it from the freeware page) run it at least once to confirm your sim, check the preferences click Apply and close) close FTXCentral, then test the sim.

I really cannot offer much more than this, as I am not running windows 10 nor am I using FSX:SE.

Hello Terrence,

At this point I'm ready to hand over to the team, I don't know what you have done to your installation, Win 10 & FSX:SE are not my cup of tea I'm sorry. Orbx Staff may ask you to submit a Diagnostic report, Please wait for staff to respond to your topic issue. Please do not submit a Diagnostic report until requested by Staff

EDIT: Much appreciated Nick, I suspect your above link would be the answer. Disentangling co-existence or prior installs of SE and MS FSX are beyond my pay grade. 

37 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I have moved the topic to the FSX Steam Edition forum.

Have a read of this topic, its title is

FTX Central cannot locate scenery.cfg file

and it may hold the answer to your question.

Hello. I went to AppData\Roaming\Microsoft but I cannot find FSX-SE, I can only find FSX. :(

So I am stuck in the first stage (Back-up stage)

You have registry entries for both FSX and FSX Steam Edition at the same location,

J:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\

The diagnostic report sees no scenery.cfg file.

You will need to remove the registry entry for FSX Steam Edition which is causing FTX Central

to look for your scenery.cfg file at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE and therefore generating

the error message.

I would suggest that you open your registry editor, C:\Windows\regedit.exe and use the Find function

to search for Dovetail.

This should locate the entry and you can first export it, as a back up and then delete it.

FTX Central should then see only your FSX entry and write to the scenery.cfg file at

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Hello. I went to  KEY_CURRENT_USER, "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition and export as a back up. Then delete the 3 items shown in regedit.exe\\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition. Then I start FTX Central 2 and press APPLY GROUP. The error message of unable to locate scenery.cfg file still appeared. :(

What can I do for that?

Thanks.

You can delete the whole Flight Simulator-Steam Edition key..

Try downloading the Registry fix tool form the freeware page.

Run it and if it reports that you have FSX Steam Edition, use the tool to reset the location

to somewhere where it is not.

This may have the effect of removing the spurious entry.

If that doesn't work, use the utility to create an entry for the Steam Edition.

Thus should give you an opening menu for FTX Central, choose FSX andthe scenery.cfg

should be correctly updated.

It seems that the error message does not appear anymore when I press APPLY GROUP in FTX Central 2.

Just now, I went to the FTX Global VECTOR Configuration Tool then press apply. Then APPLY GROUP in the main menu. It is good that that 'scenery location' doesn't appear anymore. But when I start FSX, Vector still does not do its job! I cannot see any highway/motorway! I can only see the Global Base scenery but not the Vector one. 

Could u please help? Thanks!!

Hello. Just now I started FSX(steam) with Active Sky Next. There was a new message which I have never seen before. Actually, I only have the steam version. It seems that now I cannot have Active Sky Next also!!!!!!

To be honest, will it be better if I delete all the things including Rex4, ASN, ORBX etc. ?

If I delete FSX from Steam, will all the things including add-ons also be deleted?

ASN.png

All that the Active Sky message is telling you is that your registry contains entries for FSX and FSX Steam Edition.

It is also telling  you quite clearly what to do about this.

It tells me that you still have registry entries for both versions.

If you install FSX Steam Edition on a PC where there has never been a copy of FSX,

it will install in exactly the same way as FSX does.

I still can't view your diagnostic report because that part of the website is still broken.

Thanks. Now, I have everything deleted and reinstall. Everything looks fine in the FTX Central 2. I run the Vector Configuration Tool. But still, I can only get GLOBAL. Can I send u a new diagnostic report again and see what I should do for Vector??

Archived