Hills in Manchester

ncngrr

I've had similar problems before... incorrect terrain presumably due to corrupted terrain.cfg file.

I followed the directions given to me before... create safety backup of terrain.cfg in the main FSX:SE folder, copy/paste original terrain.cfg from the Steam/steamapps/common/FSX/ORBX/Scripts/FTX Central/Work folder into the main FSX:SE folder. No change.

Now what?

Thanks.

Scott

JJaycee1,

I've not had much chance to thoroughly investigate everything that's affected.  Here's what I do know:

1. Manchester UK 24L has hills on the runway; 24R is fine. 

2. When I set weather to Clear Skies (clears all weather) and loaded a flight out of Manchester 24L, it was pouring down rain. 

3. I very recently installed REX/MilViz WX Advantage Radar.  At first, I couldn't get it to download owing to a Trojan "virus" that the REX forum told me was a false positive.  After temporarily disabling MS Security Essentials and downloading/installing WX Advantage Radar, I received the "<Wx Radar>.DLL is not compatible with your simulator".  After resolving that through the direction of the REX Forum folks, the WX radar finally showed up in my aircraft, but I was unable to turn it on.  Any attempts to manipulate the knobs with the mouse resulted in having the capability to only "turn" the knobs counter-clockwise.  I still haven't gotten that figured out; I'm awaiting further direction from the REX forum.

4. I do have Vector; I've not run the Vector AEC tool.  I suppose if I look for how that's done on this forum, I should be able to find it... I'll try that when I'm again able to sit in front of my flight sim.

Thanks.

Scott

The part about having Vector is important, so run the AEC tool. Open Vector control panel and you will see Airport Elevation Correction on the far top right. Open that and click on Run Auto Config. Also confirm that you installed the latest orbxlibs prior to running the Vector AEC.

Are you running FTX England or is it default scenery, and is it the default Manchester or UK2000 ??

I will run the AEC tool you mention.  FTX Central 2 alerted me to any/all ORBX products requiring updates, so they're updated as of yesterday, including orbxlibs (I don't have the version number handy).  I am running FTX England; I do not have any airports or other UK-related 3rd party add-ons.

Thanks.

Archived