Cargomaster to Ononge, Mahler Hauler

Captain Coffee

A piece of Mahler's 5th accompanies a trip from TAP to ONB in Carenado's Ol' Reliable - C208B Cargomaster.

Take off is not nearly as graceful as the music...I'm pretty sure we winged the fence at most :D ...but I think the music and I pulled it together for a fairly dramatic finale. :)

Overfly peeks at Kosipi(KSP)  and Woitape(WTP) along the way.

Cheers, hope you enjoy.

~~_/) Coff.

You are right ......  the pilot might be a little crazy!!  :o  Any pilot that would fly with a steel fence post sticking out of his left wing might be suspect.  He made up for it though on the landing ...   . Nice setdown. Minimum airspeed.  Loved every minute of it.  By the way ....  I don't think Center can read your transponder in PNG that deep into the mountains!  Although I could be wrong.  Keep em' coming .....  I'm a fan of any bush pilot.  You might take out those red flying things I keep seeing in the distant air though...   :D

Just now, JS07 said:

Gosh you make it look easy.  I've not successfully landed at almost all of them.  But I'm gonna keep trying.

Heck yes keep trying!!! Success in a Flight Sim is 99% perserverance, and 1% perspiration (because it's a sim...you can't really die...) and if Crash Detection is off, No sweat at all. :D Bounce, go around, try again, bounce, go around, try again. Have some fun music on while doing it....it's the best.

I spent about two hours that way one Saturday going around and around a tiny dirt strip on a nasty slope...Hilltop in Idaho I think it was called...forget the airport designation, but its a hardcore 45?degree slope with a tiny ridge top to stop on...and a few piper cubs parked up top. Took about an hour before I managed to put a C-185 on the ridge in a legit landing...but the landings got easier after that in the next hour...and frankly every landing anywhere after that has been easier :D:D

Archived