Just purchased FTX England

Helix1250

Good afternoon everyone,

I have just purchased FTX England and I am having a bit of an issue when it comes to the look of it when you enter or leave the region. I have read through the manual, however it the manual is for version 1.0 and not the current version.

What I am seeing is a very clear exit pattern when flying out or in to the region, please see attached pictures. Sorry I don't know how to add them direct to the post for viewing. Si if anypne could offer some help as to how to correct this I would really appreciate it, here is my current system specs and installed software to help you understand what I have got as a rig.

The pictures where a first test after installing FTX England and was taken after leaving Shoreham airfield and turn in to about 180 degrees towards France and at about 4000 feet. I have set England as active and set enabled hybrid mode which I believe I need to do when having regions installed.

AMD Phenom II x6 3.20hz

16GB ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Ram

Windows 10 Home (Fully updated)

FSX_Steam

FTX, Global, Vector and oplen LCEurope

FTX england

FTX Trees

Active Sky next

Rex Direct textures with soft clouds

UK2000 airports, EGKK, EGBB, EGPH and EGLC

Other airports are installed and are Aerosoft ones in Europe.

Thank you for any help that you can offer

Regards Rob

2016-5-18_16-6-10-172.jpg

FTXENGLAND.jpg

19 minutes ago, Helix1250 said:

I have set England as active and set enabled hybrid mode which I believe I need to do when having regions installed.

I assume you have to set Global as active and enable Hybrid Mode in this case, I don't think Hybrid Mode works with a region activated.

I think you're seeing the same issue as this earlier post. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/110656-uk-water-issue/#comment-995218

BTW, you'll want to add your order number to your signature to get support from the staff.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/1157-important-notice-please-add-your-order-number-to-your-signature-for-support/

Thank you for the reply h3pilot. And sorry for not adding my order number, I didn't see it was missing as I am using my phone to access the forum.

it should be in my profile now :)

i have had a quick look at that thread you sent a link too, seems to read like I need to disable/delete some files to get it to work.

i will have a more indeph read of it when I am on my PC next, I had hoped it was going to install without hassle, but I guess I have some work to do to get it working correctly. 

Regards Rob

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.

Just for anyone else that might come across this situation then I tried the following.

• checked to make sure all my FTX stuff was update
  • made sure that they was set correctly and in the right order in my scenery library
  • tweaked with my REX4 water files to try and find a match
  • turned off the seven .bgl files in the England region custom files
  • turned off the 40 .bmp texture files in the England custom files

Out of all of them the last two where the ones that worked for me, but I do recommend that you go through the list of possible items like I did  prior to turning files off.

Thank you all :)

Rob

Archived