ESSA - Lighting textures disappear

Hello. I've noticed after going to P3D V3.2 from V3. that some of the textures in ESSA have started to disappear when you look in the certain direction. It is most noticeable at night time and it consistently happens on the cargo ramp (see video) I've seen it during the day where some of the overlaying textures disappear from the ground when pulling in to different gates around the airport (i can make footage of this if you like)

Now i've seen this happen to a couple of sceneries after going to V3.2 so i'm unsure if this is a problem with the actual scenery or my own system.

I run this on P3D V3.2, Windows 10, with FTX Global/Vector. (and a bunch of other addons that shouldn't affect this e.g. ASN, GSX, Different aircraft etc)

Any help is appreciated :)

Hi Chok,

What you are seeing is a bug in P3D v3.2, we noted the issue and Lockheed Martin has included a fix in the upcoming P3D v3.3 release. The 3.3 patch is in testing now so it should not be too long before it is available.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2016 at 0:28 AM, Alex Goff said:

Hi Chok,

What you are seeing is a bug in P3D v3.2, we noted the issue and Lockheed Martin has included a fix in the upcoming P3D v3.3 release. The 3.3 patch is in testing now so it should not be too long before it is available.

Can you confirm that this problem is fixed in V3.3 now that it is released?

I'm not sure that the issue I reported a while ago with the lights at ESSA is related but I can confirm that the issue below still exist in P3D v3.3 with the latest hotfix.

The taxiway lights are also shimmering like crazy. I don't think it's an AA issue as I have tried various AA settings and I have no shimmering elsewhere whatsoever.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/112836-missing-runway-and-taxi-lights-at-essa

Hey Tolip,

I'm sorry I've kept you waiting. As for the ground I need to look in to that, I was under the impression that all those issues would be solved with the 3.3 so  I need to see what I can do. Hard to keep up with the P3D development team sometimes :)

As for the lights, I've actually come up with another runway lights system that will work with the latest P3D versions and will also enable with fog etc as it uses the built in light-system. Bad thing is that it is not perfectly aligned with the approach lights, but can anyway be a nice option for the early morning fogs we sometimes have in Sweden and of course the terrible winter weather. I'm trying to find some settings for the current lights as well and as soon as that is done I'll send out a fix. Sorry for the wait, was kind of hoping the 3.3 would solve that as well.

So good thing: there will be one more alternative for the runway lights for the P3D users! Another good thing is that we are closing in on the longest day of the year in Sweden so hopefully you will forgive me for the wait as the night flying in Sweden is hopefully at it's lowest currently :)

So, just so you know, it's on it's way.

On 6/11/2016 at 7:37 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

I'm sorry I've kept you waiting. As for the ground I need to look in to that, I was under the impression that all those issues would be solved with the 3.3 so  I need to see what I can do. Hard to keep up with the P3D development team sometimes :)

Hello Marcus.

Is the part in the quote referring to my issue or only Tolips? (See video above)

I am holding off with P3D V3.3 until i am sure this is resolved.

Hey Chok,

I'm sorry! I mixed the threads / authors together. I'll have a look at the ground issue in p3d v3.3. Thought for some reason it was you replying that the error still was present in p3d v3.3, so in that case this gives me some hopes it might have been taken care of (as you haven't switched and Tolips issue was regarding lights).

Cheers,

Marcus

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2016 at 9:26 PM, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey Chok,

I'm sorry! I mixed the threads / authors together. I'll have a look at the ground issue in p3d v3.3. Thought for some reason it was you replying that the error still was present in p3d v3.3, so in that case this gives me some hopes it might have been taken care of (as you haven't switched and Tolips issue was regarding lights).

Cheers,

Marcus

Hello Marcus. After updating to P3D V3.3.5 the problem with the disappearing lighting at the gates and the cargo ramp is now gone.

Though the taxiway lighting now flickers a lot and the runway approach lighting disappears when reaching 3-4 miles final. ( i think it is similar to Tolips issue ) if you require video or further explanation please say so :) 

4 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

Hey! Glad to hear issue is solved. We are working on the other issue, seems more complex than I first assumed. Hope to get it working soon!

Great thanks :)

Archived